ASEAN & South Asia-India-Chennai
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To Manage the operations of the Trade Services area in the SSC Chennai with a focus on:
- To authorize the transactions upto the approved limits.
- Maximizing the productivity of the teams.
- Ensuring that efficient and high quality services are provided to customers within established budgets / costs to maintain the desired cost / income ratios with a clear focus on compliance related matters.
- Maintaining high morale of the staff.
- Functional responsibility of a Fire Marshall
To work closely with the Senior Manager, Trade Services, and Trade Services Managers of the various countries whose processes are managed out of the SSC in Chennai in identifying key current / potential issues & initiating actions to address them. These responsibilities will translate into the following:
1. Achieving processing & operational standards by:
2. Delivering financial efficiencies by:
- Ensuring that the processing capabilities are geared up to achieve timeliness and accuracy standards as per the Service Level standards and strive to exceed the agreed standards;
- Ensuring that the team members responsible for are adhering to the procedures set in the Departmental Operating Instructions manuals in order to achieve optimum efficiency in the conduct of their jobs;
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable Rules / Regulations and Company and Group Policies;
- Identifying exceptions from the norms & initiating corrective and preventive actions.
- Comply with Group Sanctions Policy and Procedures.
- Comply with Local Sanctions Policy and Procedures, if any.
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and Reporting all suspicious Transactions to the Line Manager.
- Ensure appropriate escalation process in case of transactions in need.
3. Meeting target service quality standards by:
- Ensuring that the operations of the Trade Service areas are managed within the established budgets and target cost / income ratios.
4. Building and maintaining team morale by:
- Establishing and maintaining a close working relationship with the customers to ensure that service issues are promptly escalated and acted upon;
- Initiating & implementing service quality initiatives within the Team to improve productivity, accuracy and timeliness.
- Upholding the values of the Group and Company at all times.
- Promoting an environment where all team members develop a sense of involvement in the conduct of their regular work and contribute ideas with the objective of achieving
excellence in service quality.
Experience / Knowledge required :
- Working with the line managers to develop key resources through appropriate training.
- 4 Years experience in Trade Finance.
- Preferably Professionally qualified in Economics / Finance / Banking / Business Administration.
- Knowledge of core banking, products and operations with a good knowledge of Trade Finance Products.
- Well developed analytical skills, ability to handle high priority issues on product delivery and strong interpersonal skills.
- Departmental Head , Trade Services, SSC Chennai
- Manager Trade Services of the country whose processes are centralized at SSC Chennai.
- Functional Managers of other processes at SSC Chennai.
1. Focus & Discipline
2. Build performance culture
3. Customer Focussed
4. Living our value
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.