Jacobs is a global provider of technical, professional and scientific services including engineering, architecture, construction, operations and project management. Our portfolio spans industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies. We have a PAN-India presence; with four world-class engineering delivery centers in Mumbai, and one each in Delhi, Baroda and Kolkata.
About the opportunity
- The GBS Project Accounting Manager will provide leadership and direction for the GBS project accounting team.
- Responsible for supporting the Finance GBS strategy as it pertains to project accounting.
- You will be a strong champion for BeyondZero and our Culture of Caring and possess a deep knowledge of our policies and procedures of the project accounting cycle and the other key business processes that intersect with project accounting.
- Under your visible and consistent leadership your team and their integrated Regional teams will support our Project Managers (PMs), Designated Project Executives (DPEs), Directors of Operations and more senior management on project accounting in a manner complementary to Jacobs’ margin and cashflow goals.
- Review of contract terms and associated information to ensure proper project set up and accounting treatment, review of project results: revenue and gross margin, work-in-progress/unbilled. Independent resolution of challenging invoicing and collections discrepancies, enforcing internal controls, SOX, and company policy, and frequent communication with project teams. Ad Hoc reporting and other tasks will be significant part of this role.
- Understand the key financial metrics, business procedures and risk management approaches to ensure that all PA activities ultimately increase our ability to serve our clients and grow profitably.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors with regard to scheduling, information requests, project staff input and follow-ups, as required.
- Ensure team comply with important business procedures, especially those required to maintain SOX compliance.
- Adapts priorities in response to the needs of clients, team members or the organisation and guides your team to remain flexible in a changing, competitive environment.
- Communicates effectively, inspires and engages the team and drives achievement of key business priorities (e.g. Beyond Zero, DSO improvement, accurate revenue recognition). Review and administer relevant documents – eg PA process narrative as required.
- Hires, develops and retains staff with the GBS Project accounting Team. Works closely with GBS peers to ensure integrated team model remains effective.
- Develops PA capability throughout the region by leading ongoing improvement and consistency of practice.
- Empowers and supports your team to thrive in a global setting. Uses E3 to set clear objectives for the team, coaching and connecting individual goals and with accountability for team performance.
- BCOM graduate with 10-12 years of experience preferably from a shared service background.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards – particularly revenue recognition. Experience working in a large, diverse organization with intersecting business processes.
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, such as Oracle Financials.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to work directly with all levels of the organization.
- Proven leadership of dynamic teams and aligning teams to organization strategy.
- Ability to work in a matrix reporting structure and proven success of partnering with organizational cross-functional teams
At Jacobs we value people. Having the right balance of diversity, career and lifestyle enables us to consistently deliver and exceed clients’ expectations. Working alongside industry leaders, you will have the opportunity to develop your career working on key projects in an environment which encourages collaboration, knowledge sharing and innovation. To support your professional growth, Jacobs flexible working arrangements, extended leave options and a host of social, health and wellbeing events and initiatives will underpin our commitment to you. At Jacobs it’s all about what you do, not where you are, which counts! It’s a great time to join Jacobs. Achieve more with a global brand.