JARDINE LLOYD THOMPSON INDIA
Asia Research Team
Deputy Manager/ (Sr) Manager
Span of Control
To develop analysis and datasets that will enable the JLT Asia Specialty business to acquire and retain clients and strengthen its brand value.
Knowledge and Expertise
- Ability to perform effective internet searches
- Basic understanding of economy, finance and business
- Basic understanding of risks that businesses across sectors face/could face
Defined and Routine
- Ability to work on information gathering intensive tasks effectively
- Ability to flag any exceptional situations where guidance is needed in a timely manner
- Ability to get output quality checked in a timely manner
Client Relationships / Communication Skills
- Ability to understand and clarify objectives and execute independently
- Ability to provide proactive status updates and raise flags when required to the right people
- Ability to explain the results of data collection to all stakeholders
People Management and Strategic Impact
Entry level team member
- Accomplishes own objectives successfully
- Develop research outputs/search for information effectively, and using creative research methods when required
- Estimate timelines on requested pieces of analysis for internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver outputs after quality checks on agreed timelines
- Supports the team in internal and external stakeholder management by supporting delivery on reports and analysis
JLT India is a wholly owned subsidiary of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group (JLT). The JLT Group has two main lines of business Employee Benefits and Insurance Broking and has its presence through owned companies in over 36 countries and through a network its presence is in over 100 countries. A key member of the Strategic Research team, a team responsible for delivering high quality research and analytics to the group's US Specialty business
Framework & Boundaries
As per the policies and frameworks followed by JLT India
Daily interaction for updates, reviews and progress
Within the company:
Need based interaction with all managers for escalations, discussions, information sharing
Outside the company:
Regular interaction with the stakeholders
Undergraduate in a discipline related to commerce/business
MBA in Finance/Strategy
Insurance qualifications such as LM1/LM2
Experience in collecting data through internet searches. 1-3 years experience in business research. Experience in intermediate research products such as company profiles.
Experience in contributing to complex strategic analysis and thought leadership. Previous experience, specifically interning with multiple industries and projects will be desirable.
Ability to use MS Office suite effectively, specifically Powerpoint and Excel and Word effectively, acumen of understanding business strategies and models. Familiarity with financial statement concepts and usage.
Skills & Abilities
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to collect information and data accurately in a time boxed manner
- Ability to use MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask between different projects
Previous experience in collaborating and communicating with international teams/individuals
- Stretched timelines and shifting priorities
- Scaling up on a multitude of industries to produce quality outputs
- Delivering on multiple projects simultaneously
- Understands the business context on the request.
- Makes accurate time and cost estimates on standard pieces of work e.g. prospect lists, risk profiles, company profiles, data gathering, independently, and solicits advice from seniors on non standard projects.
- Clarifies questions and sets clear expectations with the project lead on the request to ensure clarity of scope and delivery expectations.
Research Capability (secondary and primary)
- Adept at using functions across basic databases such as Factiva & Bloomberg, Axco etc.
- Ability to source information with some guidance in a timely manner (using databases and/or internal research repository).
- Identify the gaps in the secondary sources and seek guidance on potential primary sources.
Research Analysis / Strategic Framework
- Ability to interpret basic financial ratios, account statements and annual reports.
- Possesses theoretical familiarity with the fundamental frameworks such as SWOT, PESTEL and 5-Forces.
- Synthesise all information to create appropriate structure.
- Ability to articulate the project requirement accurately over email or any other form of written communication through the use of appropriate business English.
- Well versed in using different formats like word, ppt, excel etc.
- Creates well formatted outputs.
- Provides a well thought out narrative with very limited guidance that acts as an enabler in the story boarding exercise.
- Is able to understand the concepts of insurable risk and the various types of insurable risks.
- Understands the role of different entities in the insurance market.
- Knowledge of market trends of the specialty/region the person is aligned with.
Excellence in Principal Accountabilities
Excellence in Competencies
Performance Requirement Options (PRO) as per PI
A - Control
B - Extroversion
C - Patience
D - Formality
11th January, 2019
11th January, 2019
Jul 24, 2019, 8:12:10 AM