Aug 14, 2021
Supply Chain Management
DSM Nutritional Products
Customer Service officer
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Our Supply Chain team is ready to welcome you. Are you ready to be a part of a successful & competent SCM team?
DSM Human Nutrition & Health is the world’s leading supplier of nutritional ingredients for the food and beverage, dietary supplement, early life nutrition, medical nutrition and nutrition improvement industries. From nutritional lipids, to core vitamins and carotenoids to nutraceuticals and custom nutrient premixes, we’re keeping the world’s growing population healthy through a depth and breadth of capabilities and expertise that are unrivalled in our industry
As a Customer Service Representative, you have a business critical role. Your passion for customer care & satisfaction will drive you to bring supply and demand as close as possible. You like that fact that no day is the same and you see no problems but challenges.
What can you expect in your work?
No day is the same and working in a dynamic work environment energizes you. You can expect the following tasks:
- To suggest appropriate corrective measures and improvements in customer service, logistics to supply and delivery of products to customers. To recommend improvements or enhancements to work-flow standards and productivity.
- Primary contact for the assigned territories within India and indenting business for SCM. Responsible to answer routine queries, take, place and/or direct orders, initial placement of orders with production or source of supply, arrange and confirm supply chain for export and delivery, apply Just in time Principles.
- To receive orders, evaluate the orders, preliminary advice on availability of stock or special terms and conditions that may apply to particular orders. Inform the customers of these special requirements, process the orders within pricing limits, check product and transport availability, execute the order by planning delivery within standard lead-time, customers' preferences, select most efficient means of transport within available secured services with DSM.
- Acceptance of payments through direct customers. Knowledge of shipping documents, Bills of Lading & Documents of Credit. Review Letter of Credits to ensure that company is able to comply. Feedback to Sales and Marketing department on any potential issues of compliance. Liaise with Banks to achieve compliance of documentations for export. Preparation of Bank and Shipping documentations requirement for export of products including L/C negotiation with Banks to achieve KPI Targets
- Handling numerous orders at one time and setting priority on orders to maximise customer service. Orders include one-off specials and standard customers, operating on a variety of lead-times. Orders are either local or export. Export orders include Letter of Credits in which she is responsible to ensure compliance to the terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of customer account requirements and procedures to handle special situations to satisfy customers' needs.
- To be aware of specialist knowledge of individual countries and cultural peculiarities including time differences and national needs.
- Attend to complaints, claims, credits, goods return and re-funds. Investigate and resolve logistical complaints.
- A safe and inclusive workplace with a young and fun team.
- A possibility to learn and grow within the organization depending on your own ambitions.
- A Bachelor degree preferably in logistics or supply chain management.
- 3-5 years of work experience in customer service, export documentation, order fulfilment
- Great communication skills and strong knowledge in SAP MM & SD modules
- Not afraid to work with IT systems and Excel files.
- You are a team player, but also able to work independently.
The Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & motivation letter in English. Due to data privacy reasons we do not handle any applications sent by email. Please be so kind to use the link provided.
Reference check procedures and an assessment can be part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be informed when these procedures are required.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and help solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Royal DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext. For more information about DSM see http://www.dsm.com or connect on