- Are you driven by innovation and design and looking to work in a fast-paced environment?
- Do you want to work in a creative and tech-driven atmosphere where you see your ideas shaping into tangible services that help businesses improve efficiency and returns?
- Do you want to showcase your thought leadership in art, design and creativity?
What are we looking for?
Milestone is looking for an experienced art director to take the helm of our art department, guiding an extremely talented team of designers who are known for exceptional creativity. The ideal art director will bring a mix of artistic, marketing, and business expertise to the position, promoting our company and that of our valued clients. We are looking for an experienced leader, who can inspire and be inspired by others to take our creative efforts to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect with any audience.
Role and Responsibilities:
Key Skills Set:
- Oversee the art department by hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, and mentoring team
- Establish art department standards for production, productivity, quality, and client service
- Ensure team adheres to current processes, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and proposing and creating processes and tools to support design operations
- Collaborate with marketing and sales divisions in creating marketing plans, aligning team priorities with business objectives to deliver high-quality work on time and on budget
- Develop presentation approaches, styles, and techniques for the team to implement
- Analyze market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape, and track campaign performance
- Work with the entire creative team to establish a unified brand understanding and voice for the company, helming a creative audit to elevate our innovation
- Conceptualize campaign vision, harnessing original graphics, copy, content websites, social media, and other marketing materials
- Develop creative briefs based on ideas established in brainstorming sessions with direction, schedules, and expected deliverables for the creative team
- Delegate projects to in-house designers and oversee storyboards
- Obtain team approval by presenting final layouts, storyboards, and illustrations, encouraging members to provide feedback, and responding to internal commentary and requests
- Present or oversee the presentation of final concepts and coordinate production and dissemination for cross-organizational use
- Bachelor's degree in fine art, graphic design, or similar discipline
- 12+ years as a professional graphic designer with 4+ years of experience in a management role
- A person should have experience working in a digital agency
- Proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional capability with typography, layout, and prototyping
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Master's degree in Design/ Arts
- Prior experience as an Art Director
- Web development experience
- Have a solid knowledge of photography and video production
Top reasons to work for Milestone
- Great place to learn with phenomenal growth opportunity
- Stable and rapidly growing company
- Create an impact through the Thought leadership you bring to the team
- Opportunity to work with a fun, amazing and talented team
- Bonus initiatives offered (varies depending on position)
- Exciting and innovative work environment
- Employee referral incentive program
- Quarterly teambuilding outings
For over 20 years, Milestone has been a leading provider of digital marketing software and services for location-based businesses. Over 2,000 companies in Hospitality, Retail, Financial Services and Automotive industries rely on Milestone to power their digital marketing strategies.
Milestone has garnered over 500 awards, has been short listed 3 consecutive years for the US Search awards and won Search Engine Land's prestigious "Best overall SEO-SEM campaign" in 2018. Milestone has gained a reputation for blending outstanding digital marketing expertise with advanced technological capabilities and is one of Silicon Valley Business Journal's fastest growing companies and an Inc. 5,000 company.