CDM Smith is looking to hire a talented Manager BT to manage the local Business Technology application development groups in Bangalore and Chennai. This position is responsible for staff resource allocation, following project schedules in coordination with the project teams, tracking and reporting on project deliverables. Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to for both operations and personnel budget; recommends variances as necessary. Individual will work closely with U.S. based technical and project teams to ensure local team leaders are properly designing, developing, maintaining business solutions, supporting day to day production issues in Enterprise Business System applications, several other peripheral environments, assisting Business Users and participating in architecture and design initiatives. The individual will adhere to the organization’s formal best practices, change management and system development lifecycle. The individual must be self-driven and must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. This individual will assist enhancements/project initiatives.
- Oversee all project activities and be the main contact point for partner, stakeholders and the staff.
- Responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes.
- Provides through leadership in IT strategy, operations, cost-Optimization, innovation and efficiency improvements.
- Develops long term vision of technologies and solutions. Collaborates with IT leadership in the planning and implementation of technology roadmaps. Assists team in researching solutions to meet business requirement.
- Create & maintain an organizational climate/culture which encourages innovation, collaboration, excitement/commitment with a sense of urgency creating OPACC & business success with an empowered working environment for all BT staff. Involving & integrating key business partners to ensure project success; communicating & aligning with business strategy, goals and direction; and continuous development of individuals & the organization along
- Engage extensively with business partners to identify business needs, develop business cases, identify strategic plans/directions & manage product & project portfolio budget.
- Lead and manage high performing Application development, analytics and support teams to support day to day production issues and on enhancement projects
- Accountable for all the off-shore deliverables
- Lead productive meetings at individual, team, cross-functional team, Sr. Management and executive levels when needed
- Will be responsible for annual performance appraisals for staff.
- Works with support team manager to ensure daily monitoring and troubleshooting of critical production jobs and drive towards resolution of major issues and incidents.
- Mentors and plans succession planning for staff development.
- Ensures human resources (HR) policies are followed and makes recommendation regarding staffing decisions.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Information Systems or equivalent discipline (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline)
- 10 plus years managing IT functional teams in engineering or related industry
- 5 years minimum experience working closely with senior and executive management teams
- Excellent Leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Excellent interviewing and hiring skills for new staff Prior experience with EBS team management (SAP, Oracle, etc) or related technology and delivery teams.
- Experience in incident management tracking systems and providing status reports
- Experience in preparing and presenting resource utilization reports and other materials to senior management team
- Experience working in cloud environments with managed service provider model. Experience in Data Analytics and Data Science.
- Good understanding of Microsoft SharePoint technologies
- Good understanding of Middleware Tools, Data warehouse and APIs is a plus
- Good understanding of ServiceNow incident management tool
- PMP and ITIL certifications a plus