TU Community Manager
World Wide Community Management
REPORTS TO :
Translation Unit Director
NEXT LEVEL :
World Wide Community Director - Europe
Supports the Translation Unit Director and Translation Unit Leads in the selection and recruitment of external resources. Maintains relationship with vendors, manages performance, assists in negotiation of contractual conditions and keeps vendor data up to date.
Develop (find and qualify) vendors for owned language(s) to secure capacity, reduce costs and assure high quality deliverable to the Translation Units.
Interview, recruit and qualify resources for the TU pool of translators . Assist in the search for acceptable candidates, through networking, searching linguistic communities, maintaining, placing ads etc.
- Assist the Translation Unit Director and TULs with data preparation and analysis
Maintain vendor data in Vendor Management Databases to ensure they contain accurate information. Create and update records for all selected resources, including feedback from TULs and pricing details.
- Support vendors to make effective use of eProcurement.
- Follow up on any vendor payment issues and interacts with Finance
Negotiate best possible vendor rates on a global level for given language(s).
Ensure all appropriate Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are signed to comply with all Procurement regulations.
- Monitor quality and development of vendors and take appropriate action.
- Experience in Vendor or Resource Management is preferable
- Experience in Translation/Localization is a plus
- General knowledge of supply chain management principles. Strong working knowledge of operations processes
- Customer management skills
- Language skills. High level of spoken and written English.
Advanced use of standard Windows andMS Office applications
Correct communication in tone and style for each situation. Competence in e-mail, report, proposal and presentation preparation.
Able to analyze new and changing scenarios and adapt the workflow to the new requirements. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel 2007 a plus.
Team player, scheduling, negotiations, conflict resolution, stakeholder management.
Flexible, imaginative, positive thinking, multi tasking, proactive and solution-oriented.
This document describes the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this position, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform duties beyond those explicitly described. It is also a standard description and therefore neither the percentage of time devoted to the various tasks nor can the required qualifications be guaranteed to match those of any given incumbent.