Requisition ID: 222597
Plans and executes all process / systems engineering for all proposals. Has technical responsibilities for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating these assignments.
A recognized degree in Chemical Engineering, from an accredited college or university with minimum 20 years’ experience in executing FEED and / or detailed engineering of Refineries, Petrochemicals, Gas Processing, Fertilizers, Utilities & Offsites out of which minimum 7 years should be as a Lead Engineer. Should have worked in an engineering office or consultancy of repute as Process lead / Engineering Group supervisor for medium to large Oil, Gas & Chemical EPC and / or FEED projects. Candidate should have had exposure to use of Indian, US, Euro and other international codes/standards and local practices. Proficiency in use of industry standard software is desirable. Should carry a broad knowledge of precedents and latest trends in Process and Systems engineering, be able to apply broad and diversified knowledge of discipline principles and practices to engineering, make independent decisions concerning problems within the discipline and effectively engage with the project team and with the client to resolve technical issues and as required to coordinate work.
A. Supervision Received
Reports to and receives functional and operational supervision from the Engineering Manager - Proposals.
B. Supervision Exercised
Supervises and provides technical direction to subordinate engineers, specialists, designers and drafters as assigned.
As the point of Bechtel-Customer contact on discipline-related engineering aspects of the proposal, maintains regular contact with Proposal Manager / Client representatives for progress of work and exchange of information.
Represents Engineering in interactions with other Bechtel functions engaged in the proposal development process such as Procurement, Contracts, Estimating, Planning, Services costing, Construction and Start-up groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Establishes and controls proposal budgets and staffing for Process and Systems Engineering.
2. Plans work for discipline team, provides direction and coordinates discipline engineering activities for the proposal.
3. Prepares procedures applicable for the proposal and relevant to the discipline.
4. Prepares inputs to cost estimates, quantity take-offs for tagged as well as bulk material items, staffing charts and Job hour budgets for the proposal and execution phase.
5. Provides inputs for development of schedule.
6. Provides inputs to and owns the elements of a project capital estimate (proposals and execution) quantities and budgets for the discipline.
7. Performs and manages the work in accordance with relevant Codes, standards, Specifications, Procedures and design guides.
8. Develops and approves Technical Queries (TQ) with respect to bids and coordinates and implements TQ responses into the proposal.
9. Coordinates discipline inputs with Proposal Manager, Procurement, Construction, Estimating, Startup, Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) and Project Controls when developing a proposal.
10. Prepares / Reviews / Approves discipline related studies, Specifications, design documents, Material Requisitions and Tech Tabs.
11. Prepares recommendations for procurement of equipment material and services within discipline’s scope of responsibility.
12. Develops Basis of Estimate and Assumptions Document, Prepares or oversees the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with proposal scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
13. Leads Functional Review Discussions with GBU and Bechtel India Function.
14. Visits Customer offices as required for interfaces during Pre-bid meetings, information collection.
15. Manages flow of information required from third parties to assure the timely progress of discipline work.
16. Communicates complex technical issues and recommends solutions to the Engineering Manager - Proposals.
17. Supervises the day-to-day technical work of discipline engineers, specialists, designers.
1. Proficient in work on process simulators (Hysis, PRO-II, Promax, etc.).
2. Proficient in preparation of Heat and Material Balance and PFDs.
3. Proficient in equipment sizing and preparation of equipment datasheets.
4. Proficient in hydraulic calculations (pump and compressor, control valve hydraulic calculations, line sizing).
5. Proficient in Relief Valve Sizing and Relief system design (including use of Flarenet).
6. Proficient in development of P&IDs and Line Designation Tables.
7. Lead P&ID, HAZOP and 3D model reviews.
8. Worked on Feasibility Studies and FEEDs involving refinery integration, petrochemical complexes and overall conceptualization of Utilities and Offsites.
9. In depth technology knowledge/experience with refinery/ petrochemical/ chemicals/ Utilities & Offsites.
10. Good understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the engineering discipline and its applicability.
11. Possess a good understanding and knowledge of the major design engineering deliverables, engineering work planning and control methods, and requirements on inter discipline coordination.
12. Knowledge of layout criteria, related construction practices, the economics involved and current knowledge of new methods of design and construction.
13. Knowledge of conventional thumb rules as applied in the discipline for estimation of quantities and Job hour estimates. Knowledge in Engineering processes and procedures, relevant Engineering benchmarks and Engineering best practices.
14. Good knowledge on discipline design impacts and design sensitiveness to costs and constructability.
15. Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work. Perform work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
16. Knowledge of preparation of Specifications, MRs and Technical Bid Evaluation for tagged and SP items.
17. Coordinate engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
18. Perform work using Standard Application Programs and appropriate computer aided design and computer aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools.
19. Broad working knowledge of the principles and practices of executing large proposals / projects.
20. Skill in oral and written communication in the English language and writing technical reports.
21. Demonstrated skill in supervision/Leadership. Should have supervised of a team of engineers and designers.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.