We invite you to bring your Design PHE experience with strong technical skills and well versed with
NFPA codes specially NFPA 13,14 & 20 and NBC/UPC/ASPE/ IPC local bye laws ) into play as you Will focus on High Rise buildings, residential apartments, Malls, Commercial building Middle east or European projects . Are you our new Principle Engineer - PHE ? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our MEP department
As our new Principle Engineer - PHE you will be part of a world class, innovation driven engineering design centre owned by an independent trust and its employees
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
Excellent organizational skills, effective time management, including the ability to deal with conflicting demands in order to meet deadlines, prioritize heavy workload and have a willingness to work flexibly.
- Complete understanding of NFPA codes specially NFPA 13,14 & 20
- Complete understanding of codes such as NBC/UPC/ASPE/ IPC local bye laws.
- Life cycle cost analysis for various system .
- Review /Preparation of Water Consumption charts.
- Review / Preparation of comparisons between various sewage treatment methods.
- Solid waste management design requirements
- Review/Preparation of Irrigations Designs.
- Understanding of Water Bodies and swimming pool Designs
- Preparation of PHE design Reports
- Review /Design PHE systems and single line diagrams for the system.
- Spatial planning at the concept stage.
- Knowledge of pump head calculations , hydraulic calculations.
- Designing of PHE system layouts in coordination with Architects, client and structural consultants.
- Preparation of specification , bill of quantities and price estimates.
- Assist during vendor bidding and negotiation meetings along with the client to represent the technical queries.
- Coordination within departments such as Electrical / HVAC and others to ensure that the services are well coordinated.
- Knowledge on commissioning of systems for Hotels / Hospitals
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
Minimum BE (Mech) ,preferably ME /M Tech
13-17 yrs Design Experience in Large Indian /MNC consultancy firms with strong technical skills
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
Responsible for managing all aspects of a portfolio of jobs as Project Manager in conjunction with a Project Director or Associate Director on major/complex projects could take the role of Project Engineer. Core responsibilities include:
- Project delivery
- Customer satisfaction
- Project quality
- Such projects could be multi-disciplinary but will generally be single discipline
- Be able to motivate and lead professional teams to deliver client solutions.
- Be experienced and competent at:
- Presenting to clients
- Attending meetings
- Constructing project teams from internal and external resources
- Assisting procuring project resources with Associate/Associate Director
- Assisting planning and running projects with Associate/Associate Director
- Ensuring QA policy and HSE requirements are satisfied.
- Ability to represent the practice on the projects under his/her control.
- Be responsible for leading a team of engineers in conjunction with another associate involving:
- Team Motivation
- Training and developing
- Managing day to day work
- Developing and guiding engineers and/or design team.
- Applying policies relating to health & safety, quality and training
- Have some understanding of company financial indicators, principles of share scheme and options schemes in operation.
- Ability to manage team.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the business and play a key role in the development of the company procedures and by an active role in task groups.
- Agree design philosophy/design fundamentals.
- Review and comment on deliverables produced by the team on a regular basis..
- Attend team meetings and play an active role in the development of procedures within your team.
- Coordinate and liaise with all other design team members including architects and structural engineers plus client, project managers and QS.
- Prepare drawings and calculations. Check drawings / review calculations from Senior Engineers and Engineers.
- Have a good knowledge of concept design, buildability, detailed design, construction techniques, procurement routes, risk assessment and claim assessment.
- Have a detailed knowledge of analytical concepts.
- Have a detailed knowledge of our delivery in CAD standards and 3D working.
Welcome to our Buildings division
As one of the top 10 building designers in the world, Ramboll works on more than 10,000 building projects each year. 4,000 experts across the world specialise in creating more innovative, sustainable and liveable buildings. We place particular emphasis on our liveable buildings concept where we balance the cultural, social and physical values of buildings, to improve the quality of life for building users.
Ramboll in India
Ramboll has more than 1,000 experts working across five offices in India applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions in markets as diverse as Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health and Energy. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
11th October 2019 .