Bangalore / Chennai
As an Windows L3 Team member he/she will be responsible for
Investigate, debug and solve Windows operating system Issue
Administration and level 3 troubleshooting support on Windows Server operating system
Perform scheduled patch management Tasks and troubleshoot, resolve related issue, incidents using SCCM
Conduct performance analysis and fine tune configuration to increase performance.
Recommend changes to enhance the stability and performance of the relevant areas
Maintain a proactive review on the performance of servers.
Work on problem resolution, identifying the root causes, and taking preventive maintenance.
Execute change management processes in accordance with company standards.
Analyze and update the platforms where needed to keep them secure and compliant
Manage small to large internal projects
Assist in validation of new OS versions
Prepare and present technical presentations to management.
Act as primary technical interface to vendors
Keep abreast on market standards and technology. Recommend management on implementation of such standards/practices which add values to business
Maintain the company’s compliance standards and own compliance training
Must have excellent platform knowledge of Windows 2008/2012/2016 and associate platform(s) and/or tools.
Must have minimum 8 years of experience in Windows Servers operating system Administration, deploying, managing large Windows server infrastructure.
Must have experience in installing, configuring, migrating, performance tuning, troubleshooting, security, failover and load management of business application servers in various ENV.
Must have excellent knowledge and experience in Microsoft clustering.
Must have experience in performing windows update management tasks and troubleshoot/resolve issues using WSUS/SCCM.
Must have excellent debugging and problem analysis skills
Must have experience in performing RCA and Reporting after resolutions.
Good Hands on working experience on virtualized environment (VMware/Hyper-V)
Good Hands on experience in managing, understand network requirements for Windows Server Infrastructure
Good knowledge and experience of Virtualization, Storage and Network
Good knowledge and experience on Active directory, DHCP, DNS
High degree of initiative, dependability and the ability to work with little supervision
Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate and deal with both internal and external customers.
8+ years’ experience as a VMware Administrator for a large, geographically dispersed enterprise (minimum 500 servers)
- Experience in the installation, configuration, and administration of components in a large VMware environment centered around best practices, to include vCenter, VMware Update Manager, vCenter Operations Manager, vCenter Orchestrator, vCenter Cloud Automation Center, vCenter Site Recovery Manager
- Experience in VM template design and leveraging vCenter Operations Manager to “right size” virtual servers
- Experience with server consolidation / virtualization for HW reduction and site migrations via V2V and P2V
- Experience in upgrading ESXi hosts and VM guests using VMware Update Manager
- 1+ years’ experience in Cisco UCS Administration
- Experience installing / provisioning all UCS domain components , including fabric interconnects, chassis, blades, service profiles, pools, policies, templates, and firmware
- 6+ years’ experience in Microsoft Windows Server Administration, to include Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 operating systems
- Experience working with various levels of technical individuals at remote locations and vendors to resolve problems or in implementing new solutions
- Experience using a ticket management system for work prioritization and daily workload management.
Migration experience added advantage
L2 activity description :
(required Experience 3 - 7 Years)
Responsible for handling Incident Management
Provide support to L1 engineers for incident investigation, diagnosis and resolution
Ensure resolution of most of the incidents and service requests
Provide inputs to Deep Technical support team for problem management and resolution of major or elevated incidents
Provide required inputs to stakeholders involved in case of critical incidents like outages
Prepare Incident reports for all the business critical incidents and unscheduled server downtime.
Participate in Change and Release management
Implement routine and normal changes
Participate in CAB when required
Raise Change Requests where required
Ensure ITIL compliance for all incidents and service calls
Ensure KPI compliance for all incidents and service calls
Ensure usage of documents from the KB for proper resolution of incidents and service calls
Communication and Notification
Adherence to the documented notification and escalation process
Communication to the customer both while responding to a case and also after resolution of the case
Coordination and communication with other incident management groups
Participate in regular reviews with the Delivery Leads
Update daily reports and checklists as defined
Create and update Documentation
Ensure complete documentation of all activities undertaken with respect to the ticket in the case log
Help in preparing process and ITIL documents needed for the delivery
Incident Life Cycle Coordination
Keep track of pending incidents and service requests and ensure closure of them ASAP
8+ Years experience in Wintel Administration, Virtualization, supporting L3,
Windows 2008/2012/2016 Servers
SCCM, Performance monitoring and debugging tools, Backup, Antivirus, Monitoring clients
Good to have knowledge of Scripting (intermediate level)