Company & department description
Globally SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 11,500 customers in 212 countries and territories. It is the lifeblood of the global financial community, facilitating payments, securities, trade finance and FX transactions. We operate a global financial network, with interfaces and integration software footprint at client premises, enabled by a fast growing services business. Financial crime compliance and business intelligence is a new and growing part of our product portfolio.
Our employees are the foundation of our success. If you are motivated by being part of a dynamic, growing and engaging work environment, in a firm obsessed with creating value for its member community, SWIFT is a good fit for you. We value expertise, integrity and customer focus.
In India SWIFT has established a JV in partnership with the premier domestic and global banks to enable SWIFT services in the domestic payments, trade, securities and FX markets. The JV will drive digitisation and harmonisation of India’s financial markets enabling efficiency, security, transparency and predictability to corporate to bank and interbank financial transactions.
This role is part of the APAC Commercial organisation. You will lead a team of solution architects for the India & Subcontinent sub-region based out of India. You will provide pre-sales leadership in this capacity. You will also be a senior manager providing C-level technology and product leadership to the SWIFT JV company. You will be a counterpart to our CEO and play a critical role in shaping and driving our domestic agenda.
- Lead a team of solution architects for the India & Subcontinent sub-region of Asia Pacific, allocating work, managing priorities and securing revenue and commercial wins in support of the front-line sales staff
- Provide strategic C-suite leadership to the SWIFT JV company. Support the strategy of the company by a) identifying opportunities for SWIFT solutions to solve real world problems for India’s financial markets; b) defining the product strategy and roadmap; c) driving marketing, product, IT, services and other necessary resources to deliver this roadmap; d) supporting the commercial organization in achieving adoption and revenues
- Lead large and complex sales opportunities in scoping, design and proposal definition stages of the sales opportunity lifecycle
- Perform product demonstrations. Demonstrate value of SWIFT technology solutions versus alternatives. Explain SWIFT solutions roadmap's at customer sites, working closely with sales. Provide pre-sales information. Present SWIFT products and technology solutions at customer events. A strong focus will be on the SWIFT Alliance Message Hub and associated interfaces products.
- Meet with senior counterparts at our customers to understand current state architecture and needs, defining future state roadmaps and facilitating the requirement gathering, design, scoping and definition of commercial proposals. Maintain and develop knowledge of architecture/design technologies, integration and future industry trends. Provide resiliency and security advice.
- Translate business requirements into a Customer Requirements Specifications and scoping documents, with full involvement of the APAC Consulting team. Analyze detail systems factors: input/output requirements; information flow; technical requirements; resources needed and select the appropriate SWIFT products and services to build a customer proposal.
- Establish necessary governance, monitoring and reporting to delivery on the strategy of the JV company. Ensure Board and Executive commitments are met, proactively controlling cost, schedule, quality and resource versus plans, by taking corrective measures where necessary.
- Build and develop working relationships with senior counterparts at our customers across IT, Operations, Compliance and Security functions.
- Represent SWIFT at SWIFT user groups, business forums and other client events to speak on SWIFT technology topics.
University degree in Computer Science or IT related fields, or equivalent experience.
15+ years of experience in financial services domain in India, with deep understanding of India’s financial markets, current and future market trends, existing vendor solutions, and key players
Proven and observable results in senior product mgmt, pre-sales, project / programme management, or software development roles
Strong experience in financial services architectures and IT stacks
Familiarity with programming languages, with Windows, Linux, Solaris and AIX operating systems, database and application server technologies
Experience in leading a team, with people and performance management experience
Experience in SWIFT products, services and standards would be advantageous
Experience in market infrastructure (e.g. central bank, stock exchange, clearing house, central securities depository) systems or operations would be advantageous.
Experience in a multi-cultural and multi-country team operating environment
Excellent client engagement, communication and presentation skills in English
Willing to travel (10-30%)