Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
As Product Manager, Product Healthcare Analytics for Nuance Healthcare, you will define and execute on the Product roadmap for provider-facing and Revenue Cycle applications. You will lead the roadmap execution of innovative analytics solutions and strategies to support clinical documentation and improvement and decision support in healthcare setting. The role is responsible for executing and managing analytics initiatives and collaborating with the Lines-of-Business product teams to not only support, but also anticipate the analytic needs of clients.
Working closely with the Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of key features and capabilities, delivered in an agile development environment. You will be responsible for managing, delivering and evangelizing your product roadmap for Integrations and Data Analytics, and shape its vision as part of the shared services portfolio. You will also be responsible for conducting market analysis that help drive requirements and deliver innovative solutions that delight our end users, including evaluating customer insights, drive product launch activities and ongoing market-facing support.
We are seeking a strong and senior Product Manager with experience working closely with customers and Healthcare R&D organizations to define, create, and bring to market new and profitable analytics software solutions to drive growth. Experience with the use of data driven decisions and roadmaps to define, drive and track outcomes is absolutely essential. The candidate will work with and across multiple lines of business such as R&D, Marketing, Professional Services and Beta Management to lead the business justification and definitions for solutions services and technology requirements. The technology solutions that are to be focused on include natural language processing for physician-facing solutions for inpatient, ambulatory and specialty environments. This encompasses building Healthcare Insights that measure and improve provider burn-out, documentation quality and their impact on clinical, quality and financial outcomes. Specifically, this Product Manager will be responsible for driving product requirements working with the Clinical Product teams application product teams and end-customers and work with the Datalake Engineering and Interoperability teams.
You will work with Engineers, QA to appropriately design, and build the Analytics applications on time and on budget to meet the needs of healthcare provider professionals. This Product Manager will need to speak to a wide range of business customers to understand the various requirements related to the user and work backwards to document customer requirements.
Working closely with the Director of Product Management and other product managers across Lines-of-Business, you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of key features and capabilities, delivered in an agile development environment. You will be responsible for managing, publishing and evangelizing your team’s product roadmaps, and shape its vision as part of the shared services portfolio. You will also be responsible for conducting market analysis that help drive requirements and deliver innovative solutions that delight our end users, including evaluating customer insights, drive product launch activities and ongoing market-facing support.
Deep understanding of the EMR workflows such as Epic, Cerner, Meditech etc. and Physician documentation requirements will enable you to direct product requirements aligning customer needs, competitive advantage, industry trends and return on investment, contributing to strong growth results for Nuance from the segment. You will ensure company values are reflected in Nuance products and services, including high regard for patient safety, improved patient outcomes and security of patient data.
You will be a passionate, agile, and innovative thinker, with a ‘can-do’ attitude, championing opportunities that differentiate Nuance from its competition and create standout benefits for our customers. You will be able to prioritize high value activities that contribute to our strategy, bringing ideas to reality through delivery on the Analytics roadmap working with R&D.
You will work with other Product Managers, Engineers, QA to appropriately design, and build platform solutions on time and on budget to meet the needs of healthcare provider professionals. This Sr. Product Manager will need to speak to a wide range of clinical workflow and documentation intelligence needs and drive requirements physician advice using unstructured and structured datasets, by understand the various requirements related to the user and work backwards to document customer requirements. You will also own the reporting needs for clients to demonstrate ROI, and drive user adoption.
You will also be responsible to drive a functional and technical requirement for workflow and advice personalization for providers based on specialty, care-settings, facility etc.
Working closely with the Product Director, and product managers across Lines-of-Business, you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of key features and capabilities, delivered in an agile development environment. You will be responsible for managing, publishing and evangelizing your team’s product roadmaps, and shape its vision as part of the shared services portfolio.
Understand the Market
- Be the technical and functional expert for the family of products for team and management
- Lead customer advisory board and in-field research, and coach team on best practices working with other applications product managers.
- ID new markets, solution opportunities across family of products and define business case with finance and strategy team
- Understand the Physician workflows, Clinical Documentation, HIM, CDI, Coding and Revenue Cycle processes
- Experience with data analytics and reporting in EMR products like Epic, Cerner, Meditech, Athena etc.
- Experience working with electronic health records
- Lead, develop, and mentor others on business cases
- Prioritize roadmaps across product lines
- Collaborate with mid/sr. level leaders to drive cross-functional alignment around roadmaps and processes
- Be (and be recognized as) the pied piper for the cross-functional teams
- Experience building multi-year product plans based on new solution opportunities or new markets identified
- Participate in Agile ceremonies including: release kickoff, prioritize feature development, write feature overviews and break down into user stories, stakeholder sprint reviews, including feature demonstration
- Work with customers early and often to validate, hypothesize and validate value prop
- Create initial UI prototypes and work with Usability experts to refine to high fidelity prototypes
- Lead all aspects of the GTM process for the family of products
- Drive a cross-functional team to a high quality and on-time release
- Experience managing new offerings, existing products and new innovations/challenge products
- Manage platform risk including regulatory, commercial, operational and financial risks
- Experience maximizing business opportunity, share-of-wallet and time-to-market by leading cross-functional alignment
Manage the Business
- Drive end of life rationale and execution
- Manage clients from negative to positive at the senior level
- Experience in Team leadership, coaching and talent development
- Experience growing & Developing product managers, Inspiring & Empowering Others, Coaching & Feedback
Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
Number of Years of Work Experience:
- 10+ years of demonstrated, successful product management or consulting, with progressively increasing responsibilities into Product Strategy over larger product families
- Experience with healthcare data and analytics platforms and processes is required
- Experience with integration (HL7, webservices or other data exchange methods) is required
- Background in healthcare technology highly desired, and previous experience in with EMR/EHR systems
Background in healthcare technology in healthcare technology. Health data experience using Patient medical record data, Coding, Billing and Claims datasets
- Experience with databases and data warehousing products, along with visualization tools.
- Experience in related technology spaces (SaaS, Cloud, computing platforms, DBs).
- Experience developing robust, customer-centric product and service requirements using Agile methodology, Confluence, JIRA or similar tools and processes.
- Excellent relationship skills, able to build rapport quickly and easily with domain experts
- Experience in Application PaaS Platforms with speech recognition, natural language processing, and or machine learning. Experience with building products that integrate Virtual Assistants and machine learning and NLP technologies.
- A zeal for metrics/analysis to deliver on business objectives.
- Demonstrated history in creative/big thinking that resulted in revenue.
Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering or Computer Science/MIS or Healthcare
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.