Casual Residential Worker
£12.50 an hour
Paid annual leave, pension scheme, career progression, fantastic training opportunities, e mployee wellbeing support, employee discount portal with all your favourite brands
Casual (Flexible to suit your work/life balance). Shift times are 7am to 3pm, 2pm to 10pm and 9.45pm to 7.45am Waking Nights.
Varied Hours – pick and choose when you work, around your study, family, retirement or home life!
“I love working as a casual Residential Worker – I get to build my knowledge, my experience and work with a friendly and funny bunch of people, staff and young people alike! It works around my family life and I choose when I work – what's not to like?”
We're thrilled that you're considering a career with Action for Children so here's what you need to know….
At Action for Children, we believe that every child should have a safe and happy childhood. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK. We work to ensure their voices are heard, and campaign to bring lasting change to their lives.
Merryfields is a 14 bed Short Break Residential Service providing 24 hour care for 5 – 18 year olds with moderate to severe learning disabilities. We strive and work towards providing top tiered person–centered care. We also hold various activities on a day-to-day basis to encourage social experiences and promote equality and diversity throughout the service.
Click on the video link we have attached for a visual perspective of our service to gain a better understanding of what we do.
As a Residential Worker (Casual) you will make a difference by:
What you will bring:
- Supporting children to achieve positive outcomes for their future.
- Providing a safe environment for them to enjoy time with their friends
- Giving families the break, they need to continue supporting their amazing children.
- Assisting the children in all aspects of their care and supporting their health and wellbeing.
- Supporting children and young people in their personal care, administration of medication and clinical procedures in line with the services policies and procedures.
- Contributing to the development and evaluation of care plans and risk assessments as part of link worker role.
- Promoting communication and participation throughout the service.
- Attending meetings/reviews with other care professionals to promote person – centred care.
- Ensuring safeguarding practices are in place.
- Leadership skills and ability to run a shift and work well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be caring and compassionate.
- Safeguarding knowledge.
- Proactive and motivated.
- Flexibility in working shift patterns and for the needs of the service.
- Commitment to the children in helping them achieve and to Action for Children.
- Experience of working with children.
- Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People's Workforce Social Care Pathway/Residential Care or equivalent is desirable, or the willingness to work towards this
Working here is so much more than a job. Whether this is a career change for you or the next step in your journey, we'd love to hear from you.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
We can't wait to hear from you – stay safe and happy.
If you want to know more about Merryfields and the job role please call us on 01494 444138. The staff will be more than happy to tell you about the service we provide and the difference you could make to the children and young people who attend Merryfields.
Please note there are further job roles at Merryfields. Please search Merryfields in the careers search on the Action for Children website for other opportunities that may suit your skills and availability
We are running a recruitment day on Thursday 9th June in High Wycombe see flyer attached for details
There are 5 sections for you to complete, Personal Details, CV, Supporting Statement & Information, Equality & Diversity, Submission & Declaration. Top Tip... Refer to the job description when writing your Supporting Statement.
We'd like to hold your details in case similar jobs come up but do let us know if you'd rather we didn't.
Sarah Manderfield on 01923 361743 or email email@example.com who will be happy to support with your application.
Get to know us a little better by checking out our socials on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook or YouTube.