This position will be responsible for creating installation and service animation movies for Kohler products. The movies created would be of very high quality using Kohler standards. This position will take interior design concepts and transform them into photorealitic renderings using a variety of CAD and graphic design tools.
- Build animation movies in 3ds Max based on design concepts layed out by the design team.Create all of the necessary textures, materials, lights and cameras in order to create photorealistic renderings for the movie. This will be done with input from one or more set of sources such as the engineers, set designers, photographers, art diretors, and stylists.
- Create models and textures for specific props for each scene as determined by the requestors.
- Locate Kohler product models in the engineering storage system, export them, convert them to surface models, UV map them and prep them for use in 3d Max.
- Follow the standards for managing data that would include storage of files, models, and textures in order to archive and use them for future projects.
- Use assets ( props, audio clips ) to enhance the look and feel of the animation movie.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
reports to Deputy Manager, Animation and Rendering
External Business Relationships:
- May need to frequent contact with product engineers, set designers, art directors, stylists, photographers while working on rendering projects.
- Occasional contact with industrial design in regards to gathering product geometry and trouble shooting.
- Occasional contact with software vendors and service providers if researching or obtaining new software
- A degree/diploma in a related 3D animation field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in creating 3D photorealistic animations and renderings of very high quality.
- Experience with use of tools such as , 3D Max, V-Ray , Aftereffects . Good to have exposure to Photoshop, CAD tools, Z Brush and other architectural programs
- Should be a good communicator and must be able to articulate thoughts/inpirations into words
- Must be a team player and quick learner.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities.