Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
Design, develop and support software specializing in different NMS/EMS layers to support network elements using multiple technologies like DWDM, Optical Switches and Multi-Service edge products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate/support release lead /design lead on successful delivery of release/features.
- Support detailed design and code according to software requirement specifications while meeting tight project deadlines. Interface with Systems Engineering in understanding and reviewing requirements as needed, interface with the Architecture team to comply with organization-wide adopted conventions and procedures (compliance to architecture, code review, etc) and deliver quality deliverables to testing groups.
- Effectively communicate design and implementation issues and suggest options to feature and release leads.
- Develop using technologies like Python, Core Java, JSON using Git software configuration management.
- Review the development and execution of unit test cases
- Review Integration Test cases. Coordinate with local I&T testing leads for successful delivery features for releases to SVT
- Support the communication and coordination with ON-Site Engineers for ON-Site needs i.e. Network Element interface issues, System Validation group support, Customer Support.
- Attend meetings, report progress, and support the technical leadership to troubleshoot and fix critical defects.
- Help investigate and collect information to resolve process issues found on the current or past releases.
- Extremely competent in Java, Python, Layer 2
- Knowledge of Server Design Patterns as applied to J2EE, OOD, OOP along with design tools UML, TogetherJ/Rational Rose
- Strong software analysis, design, coding, testing, and documentation skills.
- Ability to resolve complex issues that may require design trade-offs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems: Unix/Solaris/Windows
- Independent self-starter and committed to delivering on aggressive deadlines.
- Comfortable in a team environment with ability to lead.
- Customer focused.
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.