At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Position summary: *
We are looking for a collaborative and data driven Senior Associate, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer who is responsible for coordinating and carrying out MEL activities in Rainforest Alliance’s project: Transforming agricultural systems and strengthening local economies in high biodiversity areas of India through sustainable landscape management and public-private finance, funded by the Global Environment Facility. The Senior Associate, MEL will support the project by working with Rainforest Alliance staff, Rythu Sadhikara Samstha (RySS), Foundation for Ecological Security (FES), other partners and stakeholders to build and manage a sound MEL system that supports the project´s results-based management and reporting by generating performance metrics on project implementation and on its contribution to expected outcomes and impacts over the project´s lifetime. The position includes training and advising technical staff, partners, and field consultants on MEL methods, tools and processes; ensuring proper output and outcome indicator data collection, quality control, data analysis, and knowledge management; and reporting on key findings. The Senior Associate, MEL is also expected to coordinate closely with other Rainforest Alliance units.
- Develop and manage the project´s MEL system, in coordination with the Project Manager, project staff and partners, and with guidance from Rainforest Alliance´s Senior Advisor on Landscapes Communities Results Based Management. The MEL plan will define tools, processes, data gathering methodologies, data disaggregation, and responsibilities of project staff and partners to execute and report progress;
- Support the Project Manager and partners in the review and refinement of the project’s objective and outcome indicators defined in the project´s Results Framework (RF), to be validated at the project’s Inception workshop, and ensure that activity plans are aligned with the RF;
- Organize a MEL workshop with participation of MEL focal points from each partner, to train and align project staff and partners on data collection, analysis and reporting roles and responsibilities, and maintain ongoing technical assistance on MEL methods, tools and processes, ensuring MEL best practices;
- Define in coordination with RySS data quality assurance procedures to ensure the implementation of the project´s MEL system is based on reliable and timely field data collection;
- Coordinate with project staff and partners quarterly tracking and reporting on delivery of the annual Activities Plan for informing the project´s adaptive management decisions, internal reporting, and bi-annual reporting to the donor;
- Support the Project Manager in the preparation of quality and timely project performance technical reports and in maintaining updated project information in the Project Management Platform and the project´s´ SharePoint-based site;
- Coordinate with project staff and RySS the baseline and periodic measurement, analysis and reporting of the project´s Results Framework (RF) objectives´ and outcomes´ indicators, to assess the project´s progress against RF targets and its contribution to change using the methodologies defined in the RF;
- Coordinate with RySS cost-benefit analyses to better understand farmers’ perceptions of the value of implementing project-endorsed sustainable agricultural practices, to improve farmer training programmes, and to document the “business case” of sustainable agriculture for farmers elsewhere and potential investors;
- In coordination with LandScale´s global team, train and technically support project staff and partners on promoting the use of LandScale as a landscape scale performance measurement tool by project-supported micro-landscape governance bodies;
- Contribute to the design and support undertaking the project´s mid-term and end of project reviews and case studies of project achievements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, Agriculture, Social Sciences, Economics, Natural Resources Management or related field;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar position, including minimum of 2 years of experience conducting Program MEL activities for designing, delivery and impact assessments of programs and projects, and/or related studies;
- Experience in software programs, including ArcGIS, QGIS, ERDAS Imagine, Global Mapper, ENVI, STATA, SPSS, KOBO Toolbox, CSPro, R. and computer Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher);
- Concrete experience in co-designing and implementation of cost-effective performance-based and community-based monitoring systems, and the collection, management, analysis and reporting of high-quality output and outcome indicator data;
- Experience in using GIS tools to develop Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to track, analyze project data and report project performance;
- Experience advising and supervising field teams or consultants in the collection of field data on social, environmental and/or agronomic and/or socioeconomic indicators for performance assessment, and in the use of associated field methods and tools (household surveys, farm monitoring, etc.);
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; with required high level of competence in English. Knowledge of Kannada constitutes a big plus;
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity for Program MEL among staff´, partners and key actors in local communities;
- Ability to travel locally at least 30% of the time.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: *October 25 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in India will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.*
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com*
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations