Position Purpose & Summary
To actively participate in exploring commercial opportunities alongside India’s origination team and distribution team. The individual must have the ability to understand the needs and wants of our customers and provide them with financial solutions which deliver value to Cargill and its customers. Expected to work closely with Legal, Tax, Transaction Management, Risk, Cargill Business Groups as well as other TCM regions to deliver the financial solutions for our current and future commercial relationships and as such a successful candidate should have some basic knowledge of Legal/Tax/Financial matters, ability to apply it to commercial relationships and with commercial mindset.
The Junior Structurer is expected to have a keenness to work on financial transactions and the ability to identify corresponding potential business risks as well as likely risk mitigations.
1. Structure simple to advanced financial solutions based on current and potential market opportunities 25%
This is an important part of the role which involves innovation as well. Junior structurers are expected to come up with new product ideas or modifications to existing products as and when they see that such innovations would allow to generate new business/gain competitive advantage, offer better value proposition and thus increase the returns for TCM.
2. Lead and review documentations for on-going and new transactions 30%
With direct supervision, junior structurers in TCM are responsible for creating the documentation templates that would allow TCM to implement the newly created ideas or implement existing products in new geo-markets. In addition junior structurers need to maintain existing documentation under existing products in good shape and order by periodic reviews and implementation of all lessons learned out of their own or other geo-markets/implementation of best practices into the documentation.
3. Lead the review and approval process for implementation of TCM structured products 30%
In addition to creating/maintaining documentation at structuring level, TCM requires periodic reviews of existing structures/documentation by functional experts as well as review of all newly created structures by functional experts within and outside TCM. With direct supervision, junior structurers lead such a review process to ensure its timely completion and address all the comments raised by such functional experts.
4. Customer facing with banks, corporates and Cargill Business Groups 15%
Junior structurer shall also be meeting clients and Cargill business groups as and when required and the role of such meeting would be to gain new business together with Origination or assist in discussion of simple to advanced financing solutions offered to TCM customers or adapting existing solution to the customers’ needs/limitations etc.
Other relevant information to the position
Big variety of various type of matters to deal with (from legal matters to risk analysis); international diverse team to work with. The Junior Structurer will be tasked to do simple to advanced financial solutions by understanding the requirements of the customers and the applicable financial, legal, regulatory and tax frameworks. With direct supervision, document transactions and facilitate the review and approval process for the implementation of TCM products. Explore commercial opportunities alongside the Origination and Risk Investors teams.
Education, Experience, Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
- University degree or equivalent(s). TCM embraces diversity of learning, therefore undergraduate degree concentration is not material as long as the candidate meets other minimum requirements
- Good document drafting skills and , English language, risk analysis skills
- Experience (of 3 - 5 years) in structuring and/or reviewing trade and structured finance transactions that include project finance, working capital facilities, term loans etc.
- Experience in working with/structuring/arranging the trade and structured or other transactions covered by ECAs or trade credit insurers is a plus;
- Commercial mindset and negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of / exposure to the financial/trade finance market (banks, financial institutions), project finance
- Knowledge of / exposure on Foreign exchange markets and trading
- Fluency in Tamil, Telugu, or Bengali as first or second language is strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of the financial, legal, regulatory and tax frameworks;
- Basic experience in contracts / term sheet / internal approvals drafting and negotiation;
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills, able to communicate effectively with people at all levels;
- Good commercial reasoning skills to balance risk and reward;
- Demonstrated team player who is able to work under minimal supervision, hands on, and who willingly shares information and resources.
- Ability to self-start and work independently.
- Good organization skills, to follow on tasks - short learning curve required; strong learning capability, strong sense of curiosity and willingness to work outside of comfort zone.
- Able to manage different priorities and work well under time pressure as well as adverse market situations.
- Previous experience in managing multiple internal and external stakeholders.
Key Behavioral Competencies
- Integrity and Trust
- Ability to work with ambiguities
- Good business acumen/strong market knowledge of products and risks
- Analytical, problem solving
- Build Collaborative Working Relationships
- Independent thinking capability
- Persistent / perseverance
Job Financial Markets
Primary Location India-MH-Greater Mumbai
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job