About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
The Network Infrastructure and Telecom team is responsible for supervising, monitoring and developing the Networks, Infrastructure and Telecommunication of the regional Hub of BNP Paribas in the India region, liaising with BNP Paribas Head Offices where all major banking applications are hosted. Telecom Team activities plays a major role in the structure of processes that govern decision making around IT investment, client and suppliers relationships, project management.
Service Manager - NOC
Business Line / Function:
VP – Networks and DC
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The main activities of the Service Manager- NOC is to manage the service delivery, SLA’s & escalations from external telecom carriers. In addition it also involves reporting of various parameters (eg. SLA, Incident) to internal BNP Paribas clients, follow up on major incidents, and act as escalation point in case of urgent business needs during incidents.
The candidate will assist the team in ensuring effective Service Management to meet service-level agreements and control costs.
- Service Manager is expected to be familiar with all the SLA’s in place and ensure that the telecom carrier continues to meet the signed SLA.
- Setup monthly conference calls with each of the carriers and check their presented availability
reports with internal BNP Paribas produced data (available from existing internal BNPP systems), discuss and agree the availability for each circuit and site.
- Follow up on any non-SLA compliant circuits or sites and report on action plan to BNP Paribas management.
- Follow up on regular outages on circuits or sites and report on action plan to BNP Paribas management.
- Follow up with WIN Finance team the SLA breaches on a regular basis and inform of the associated penalty rebates
- Make recommendations on improvements that can be made to improve the service levels
- Make available all reports to BNP Paribas management, so future contracts can be improved upon.
- Receive all requests for maintenance from carriers and create a single weekly outage ticket
- For carrier network changes, check all times are non-business hours for the site(s), back-up circuit availability and if not challenge the carrier to move the times and dates
- From the ITSM system, produce a weekly report on the planned changes, ensuring that there are no clashes with other planned changes for the sites and ensuring agreement has been received (by the ticket owner) for the change and Inform the effected sites in concern of the outage times and obtain agreement from them.
- On a daily basis monitor the NOC and BNPP L3 team service queues and chase tickets owners for updates and timely closure ,Escalate to BNPP management any tickets which are having a large service impact.
- Act as an escalation point for any issues and facilitate any dialogues between different IT teams to aid resolution of the incident. If necessary set-up and chair conference calls, inviting IT staff to discuss and contribute to the resolution of the incident
- Maintain and update regularly a database of site contacts, carrier contacts and escalation management, broadcast lists for incident reporting. This will be used by the staff to manage communications.
- Maintain a Problem management log in ITSM, and report on a regular fortnightly basis the status of the problem tickets. Correspondence with the problem ticket owners to update their status and agree closure. Some problem tickets may be owned by the Service manager
- Produce a Post Incident report (PIR) for any declared P1 incident and send to BNPP management for agreement. Once agreed any follow up action items to be logged as Problem tickets and followed up on.
- Produce and communicate a monthly report by business line on SLA’s on all their sites and circuits.
- Produce and communicate a monthly report on all incidents by business lines and commenting on any breaches of SLA and recurrent failures.
- Participate if required on a monthly or quarterly conference call with the business IT teams to explain the monthly SLA reports and commenting on any major or repetitive incidents. Follow up on any requests.
- Produce a monthly capacity report (from existing BNPP systems) by each business line, showing trends over a 12 month basis and highlighting any circuits which would be need of upgrade
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Minimum 16 years of education required
- Good Communication skills (verbal, written)
- Manage effective relationships, both internal and external
- Strong reporting skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to identify issues and liaise with multiple parties to raise awareness for improvements
- Familiarity with ITSM tools
- Knowledge of carrier technologies, IP and IT infrastructure
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- B.E or Equivalent
- ITIL Expert Qualification
- Advanced MS office skills (email, Excel, Visio, Word)
- English and French Language skills
(Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to deliver / Results driven
(Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Ability to engage customers independently for ongoing incidents; high level of ownership and initiative needed; needs to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Should be able to articulate technical concepts in documentation.