JD for Assistant
Office of Academic Affairs
(Deadline for application:
_15 October 2021)
Ashoka University is a young institution that is a pioneer in liberal education. The University values diversity
in the workplace and respects the needs of a proper work life balance. It welcomes applications from all
seeking productive, satisfying careers. We seek outstanding talent to join our team at the Office of Academic
Director of Academic Affairs, Ashoka University
About the Office of Academic Affairs (OAA):
Ashoka’s model of education affords considerable
flexibility to students in deciding their programs of study—including choices relating to majors, minors,
concentrations and co-curricular courses. It also gives autonomy to faculty and departments with regard to
program structure, course curricula, pedagogies and methods of evaluation. At the same time, university
policies bind these choices and decisions to a common structure with respect to academic credits and their
division across programs. This is a complex task, and it is undertaken by the OAA. The goal is to devise and
update academic policies along with procedures and systems that work ever more seamlessly, while
supporting and enhancing the quality of choices made by students and faculty.
Postgraduate with preferably 2-5 years of experience in a relevant field. University
experience will be an added advantage and IT qualifications and experience in process optimization
and automation a strong asset.
1. Providing administrative support to the Dean, Associate Dean and Director of Academic Affairs in the
academic components of the Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs, including (but not limited to)
course registration, scheduling, advising & mentoring, and analysing academic data for trends and
2. Liaising with Head of Departments on academic advising, degree navigation, course codes, course
planning, advising, mid-semester flagging;
3. Collaborating with the Office of Learning Support, Centre for Writing and Communications, Ashoka
Center for Wellbeing, Admissions Team, Teaching Faculty (permanent and visiting) and Teaching
Fellows in ensuring an inclusive learning space for all students;
4. Working with the Student Government, primarily the Ministry of Academic Affairs and Department
Representatives, in addressing concerns;
5. Overseeing academic events and awards such as the Academic Expo, Academic Society Merit Awards, or
the Dean’s List;
6. Monitoring the academic achievement of students on the academic radar through regular communication
and meetings, including documentation of academic transgressions and liaising on these with the
relevant stakeholders; and
7. Liaising with the Registrar’s Office and the Office of Examination on all assessment related matters as
well as degree and transcript generation.
- The successful candidate must have good skills in writing and communication, organization and
administration, preferably along with some experience in systems management.
- The candidate should have prior knowledge of data handling, as analysing student data for
understanding trends and projections is an essential requirement of the job.
- The candidate should be ready to work in a fast-paced environment, in which new challenges and
demands sometimes arise on short notice, and with a tightly-knit team of motivated professionals.
- Understanding the administrative framework of a path-breaking institution;
- Being an integral part of discussions pertaining to academic policy;
- Honing skills in emphatic guidance and counselling;
- Working in a non-hierarchical team in a dynamic workplace; and
- Facilitating a seamless academic experience for both faculty and future scholars/citizens.
Ashoka University campus at Rajiv Gandhi Education City, Sonipat, Delhi NCR
Days of work:
The recruit will work on campus for 40 hours a week from Monday to Friday, throughout
the year, and will be entitled to leave as per Ashoka University regulations.
Commensurate with qualification and experience.
- Submit your application to by clicking here.