Software Developer (Front End Develoment)-1900168F
Front-End Developer – Content and Experience Cloud
Oracle Content and Experience Cloud (OCE) is a cloud-based content hub that drives omni-channel content management and accelerated experience delivery.
Content is at the heart of all marketing and sales efforts. OCE lets you leverage a single content hub to create, manage, and publish omni-channel content including digital assets, user-generated content, web content and business documents. It facilitates the delivery of engaging experiences across multiple channels with RESTful APIs for channel integration and business-friendly tools. With OCE users can also easily collaborate on content internally and with external teams. For more information, please visit: https://cloud.oracle.com/en_US/content
The OCE development team is looking for experienced front-end software developers who share our passion, our pride in ego-less collaboration, and our drive to build incredible things. These developers will help us build delightful and intuitive end user applications using modern web development tools and methodologies. They will be responsible for designing and developing functionality that allows users to efficiently manage and collaborate on content stored within the OCE server, facilitate integration with other cloud-based applications both Oracle and 3rd party, as well as provide application building tooling that enables business users to create their own applications and experiences using reusable OCE UI technology. This position requires a strong commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and quality product. The ideal person must be a critical thinker who can efficiently solve problems and work well within a diverse team. You will contribute to team meetings and the overall engineering process. You will be diligent and coordinate multiple tasks within the team and thoroughly understand and participate in the entire software development life cycle.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very visible and dynamic line of business within Oracle that is expanding rapidly and using some of the latest and greatest technology.
- Analyze and evaluate detailed business and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with developers, user experience/graphic designers and product managers to analyze and translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Code and maintain complex feature sets of the OCE platform UI
- Mentor fellow front-end developers on coding standards and help with code reviews
- Develop and perform system testing, fix defects identified during testing and re-execute unit tests to validate results.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Create necessary technical documentation including design specifications.
- Innovate with new ideas, research relevant tools and methodologies and implement proofs of concept.
- Work collaboratively with other Oracle product teams as consumers of OCE UI technology
- Deliver reliable and valuable solutions repeatedly on a periodic release cadence
- Adopt agile development methodology and actively participate in product evolution including: sprint planning, daily stand-ups, iteration review, and retrospectives.
- Work collaboratively with the broader OCE development organization in a fast paced and innovative and continuously evolving enterprise level cloud service
- Provide production level support for cloud delivered solutions
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field is must
- At least 4+ years of experience as a front-end software development engineer
- Experience with Web services / REST API
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and SVN
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Responsive and Adaptive Design
- Web Site/Application Security
- Web Accessibility Design
- Knowledge of web page performance and analytics techniques
- Knack for writing clean, readable, reusable and easily maintainable code
- Flexible and willing to adapt to evolving priorities and requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Developing solutions for use in mobile applications
- Experience with Digital Asset Management, Enterprise Content Management, Web Content Management, Enterprise File Sync and Share (EFSS), Messaging/Social applications
- Comfortable expressing Product/Engineering opinions and backing them up with supporting data
- Ability to research, learn and become proficient in new technologies quickly as is required to master new problem spaces
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.