2 years 0 months
10/7/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
Working at the World Bank Group (WBG) provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. In strengthening the position of WBG as an employer of choice and leader within the development community and to better respond to the diversified needs of the organization’s shareholders and staff, HRD transformed its delivery model into the following pillars:
- Client Services Department- to incorporates an end-to-end staffing model and supports the implementation of HR plans and processes
- Employment Policy, Compensation and Systems Department- to provide an integrated approach to managing employment policy and staff rules, driving compensation and benefit programs, and supporting service solutions, systems and analytics
- Performance, Career and Learning Department- to bring together the entire talent management life-cycle to maximize and leverage innovative solutions and strategies for increasing the WBG’s organizational and individual performance and capabilities.
HRDC2 is seeking to recruit a Human Resources Analyst for Recruitment Services team to be based in Chennai. The HR Analyst will partner closely with Hiring Managers, HR Business Partners, and other stake holders for the delivery and flawless execution of HR recruitment activities.
Duties and Accountabilities
The HR Analyst, Recruitment, under the direction of the Manager – Client Services, will provide support for Recruitment service activities. In particular, s/he will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Execute the full lifecycle of recruitment management process from job posting to candidates onboard
- Assist through support and advice hiring managers & recruiters in implementing appropriate advertising or sourcing strategies/methods
- Post and monitor vacancy announcements on WBG website and career related sites.
- Educate and communicate process steps to Hiring Managers and agree on hiring timelines.
- Maintain recruitment process in recruitment management system
- Provide recruitment reports and analytics to CS managers and to the respective CS teams
- Maintain the integrity and objectivity of recruitment process within the framework of WBG policy and recruitment objectives.
- Review candidate applications to formulate long-lists for hiring managers, with due attention to business requirements
- Assist shortlist committee panel members and assist them to complete the recruitment process
- Assist HQ-based recruiters to develop a talent pipeline and network of candidate sources, track candidates & sources and maintain pipelines
- Perform quality spot checks and provide feedback.
- Work collaboratively with other stakeholders in Chennai on process improvements, system testing and other project initiatives.
- Training and coaching the new team members.
- Any other adhoc activities that is required to be performed from time to time.
- Master’s degree with 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (HR & Recruitment)
- Recruitment experience in an organization of highly qualified professionals, preferably a multinational organization.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills, including writing professional business reports and making presentations.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in Word, PowerPoint and advance Excel skill.
- Familiarity with recruitment & HR Info Systems tools/software (especially PeopleSoft).
- Client-oriented, responsive, and able to work effectively in a diverse team.
- Proven ability to manage multiple demanding clients from both inside and outside HR.
- Able to understand the needs of the business (hiring units) and the objectives of the Talent Acquisition team.
- Positive, open, collaborative, discreet, and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to deal sensitively with others (clients, colleagues, etc) in a multi-cultural environment.
- Solid references from previous employer/s.
- Strong quality control orientation; attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
PROFESSIONAL CURIOSITY Continuously enhances understanding of HR theory and practice; keeps abreast of emerging developments in the broader organizational and professional context.
INTEGRATING INFORMATION Integrates complex information, ideas and analyses from multiple sources inside and outside the organization; readily identifies interactions, connections and operational implications.
JUDGMENT Analyses based on deep understanding of HR, clients and other relevant data; draws correct conclusions and makes recommendations that balance risks and address needs of clients and the broader WBG.
CREDIBILITY Advocates for integrity and ethical behavior within HR and client organizations: monitors own and team progress on projects and other work, in order to meet commitments; assists colleagues and team in identifying and advancing HR and WBG perspectives.
TRUSTED COMMUNICATOR Anticipates and addresses sources of potential conflict among colleagues or clients; demonstrates tact and discretion in handling difficult and/or sensitive matters; provides regular, consistent, and meaningful information to clients, HR staff and individuals; delivers difficult or unpopular messages with clarity, tact and diplomacy.
COMMITMENT TO MISSION AND VALUES Models values that reflect desired culture and climate; identifies conflicts between mission/values and operational practices and seeks to address.
CONSULTATION Develops and maintains internal networks to inform understanding of the WBG’s business, client needs and potential solutions; promotes dialogue on significant issues; own recommendations reflect a solid understanding of WBG context as well as client needs.
FLEXIBILITY Accepts responsibility to address change needs and resolve ambiguity; works with stakeholders to identify and implement appropriate change.
INFLUENCING Identifies need and opportunity for marketing/promoting HR initiatives and advocates for these within and outside HR; draws on understanding of issues, impacts on others involved and own experience in order to support a position
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.