Sep 23, 2020
Non-Japan Asia-India-Maharashtra-Mumbai (MSA)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. We advise, originate, trade, manage and distribute capital for governments, institutions and individuals. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. We provide you a superior foundation for building a professional career where you can learn, achieve and grow.
Technology/Role/Department at Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley Fixed Income and Commodities Technology (FIDCOM) is a technology group that develops global solutions and systems for various Fixed Income business groups.
Optimus is a global project within FIDCOM to develop a new, cutting edge platform for applications across all FIDCOM areas in the firm. It covers a number of technologies including object stores, bitemporal data representation, graph processing, query languages and UI. We are looking at two roles.
The first role is within the Optimus Data Access Layer team which is responsible for the storage, access and distribution of data in the Optimus platform. The second role is within Optimus Graph team that works on the core of Optimus: advanced Scala compiler plugins and a runtime engine that transforms user code into an asynchronous form and executes it concurrently. The team develops syntax extensions to Scala to support graph programming semantics, specialised graph debugging and profiling tools, high performance caches and schedulers, and much more.
The main development language is Scala but we will consider highly skilled technologists proficient in either C++, Java, Scala or .Net that are willing to work with Scala moving forward. We serve hundreds of FIDCOM developers and strats who continuously use our platform to generate multiple solutions/models for various business purposes.
- You should be a technically proficient and enthusiastic developer, with a desire to work on the full stack in order to help engineer new and existing components.
- You will support and lead different phases of the product lifecycle including analysis, development and testing.
- You will develop new and existing components in Scala in a team working across multiple time zones.
- You will collaborate closely with very experienced developers and have the opportunity to learn and grow in this role.
- Your role will involve regular interaction with other developers across many development teams in the organization.
- You will be expected to collaboration with members from the wider global team.
- Experience 3-8 years
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good understanding of core computer science concepts.
- Understand of testing and documentation is integral to delivering high quality solutions.
- Naturally very technical and curious. Successful candidates will dig beneath the surface to understand how things work, why they are a certain way and what the design trade-offs were.
- Take initiative to propose ideas and air concerns, to take technical ownership to drive the areas they work on.
- Prior experience in the financial industry is not required.