Business Development Manager - Vaccines
Identify, evaluate and execute large project opportunities in biologics and vaccine manufacturing space
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and execute strategy for fast growing vaccines market.
- Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities to sell the company’s products and capabilities to biopharma, vaccine manufacturing companies.
- Initiate and develop productive client relationships in multiple functions (e.g. R&D, Process Development, Tech Transfer, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Projects) with client companies and at multiple levels within them (scientists, project manager, section managers and executive levels), as may be necessary.
- Actively participate on, and may lead, cross-functional teams to execute on client opportunities that include adept coordination of legal, licensing, manufacturing, marketing, R&D, etc
- Collaborate with country, region and global stakeholders for large, complex biologics manufacturing project.
- Monitor and manage large contracts and relationships with clients
- Determine client needs, respond to inquiries, and resolve problems in a timely fashion. Investigates product issues and ensures satisfactory resolution of customer complaints.
Minimum 10 years of work experiences in the pharmaceutical, life sciences industry
Experience in managing key accounts preferred.
Demonstrated ability to be effective in a global matrix organization
Understanding of classic sales management tools and processes
Knowledgeable about competitor analysis, product-positioning strategy, pricing strategies, and other tactical skills.
Understanding and proven ability to apply leading Sales Excellence processes including Solution Selling, Key Account Agreements, Channel Sales and pricing.
Able to handle the ambiguity that arises from time to time in a dynamic service-oriented environment in a complex and geographically widespread market
Work independently with limited day-to-day contact with the manager.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Strong evidence of the ability to implement and execute plans
Masters/Graduate Engineering degree in any stream of life sciences
Project Management experience, PMP
Problem solves proactively.
Excellent technical communication skills Strong desire to learn
A strongly pro-active, helpful, ‘can-do’ attitude;
A creative, resourceful and tenacious problem-solver and solution-finder;
Enjoys dealing with people and is able to communicate effectively and concisely at all levels;
Self-managing and self-motivating, able to prioritize tasks effectively and meet customer deadlines and expectation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.