3 years 0 months
7/17/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
The International Finance Corporation a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
The IFC is seeking an Operations Analyst for its South Asia Department, based in New Delhi India.
The Operations Analyst will be responsible for supporting the South Asia Regional Director. This role will be responsible for research, analytical and operational work in addition to providing resource support. He/ she will also be responsible for coordinating efforts across the regional Country Management Units, Management Team and the Strategy unit.
Duties and Accountabilities :
1. Extract data on South Asia from internal and external databases, manipulate and present the data in a variety of formats for a variety of audiences to a high degree of accuracy and consistency.
2. He/she will be the ‘go-to’ person for data/ research and all operational/ resource support work for and from the region that will generated/ initiated by Regional Director and management teams in South Asia.
3. Prepare progress reports and any other documentation or materials required.
4. Preparation of sections of CPF documents and country strategy submissions as inputs into business plans, work program agreements, mid-year and retrospective and mid-year reviews, etc.
5. Review and screening of relevant documents/reports for consistency with country strategies.
6. Liaise and interact effectively with an extensive network of contacts, at senior levels (both internal and external), and respond effectively to inquiries and to diverse situations that require tact and pragmatic problem-solving skills. Must have good network of contacts, both with government stakeholders and business community at large.
8. Under guidance of Regional Director/ Managers, advise project teams on the country context, IFC role, strategic fit, World Bank Group objectives, local markets, pipe-line and portfolio.
9. Support the Regional Director with overall project management, planning and monitoring of deliverables so as to ensure timely and quality delivery of the work program.He/she must maintain high degree of discretion and professionalism.
10. Portfolio monitoring and internal and external reporting. Provide any other assistance needed by the Regional Director for the day-to-day coordination of activities.
11. Maintain a good working knowledge of current advisory and investment operations in South Asia and respond quickly to queries from HQ management and staff.
12. Construct and maintain reports to analyze and report on operational and development impact performance of South Asia.
13.Prepare presentations and reports to present information and analysis to a variety of audiences.
14. Conduct research, analysis and compile information from HQ sources for the benefit of field-based management teams.
15. Provide research/ analytical support to work products produced and on assignments that may arise as directed by the Director-South Asia Region.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, Business or similar, Masters’ Degree Preferred.
- Two years’ work experience in banking, consulting or another fast-paced, knowledge-based work environment.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and database skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to take initiative and work across organizational boundaries. High on energy with strong professionalism/ maintaining confidentiality and using discretion when required.
- Familiarity with IFC databases (such as MIS, RMS, and other iDesk applications) would be an advantage.
- Experience of IFC strategy and budgeting processes would be an advantage.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, while working on multiple projects.
The World Bank Group values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of World Bank Group member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.