As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
COMPANY NAME Ernst & Young India Pvt. Ltd.
DESIGNATION Executive Director
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Ernst & Young India Pvt. Ltd.
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, 141,000 people are united by their shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. They make a difference by helping their people, Their clients and their wider communities achieve their potential.
Ernst & Young operates from 9 cities in India (www.ey.com/india ) with a work force of over 7500 people, who work towards the firm’s vision of being the trusted business advisor that contributes most to the success of people and clients by creating value and confidence. Global Tax Advisory Services, Risk Advisory Services, Transaction Advisory Services and Business Advisory Services are the core services offered by the firm in India.
Ernst and Young has offices in National Capital Region (New Delhi, Gurgaon, Nodia), Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune and Kochi.
E&Y Risk Advisory & Management services helps their clients in managing their risks and achieving their business objectives, so all their Risk services are connected with this expectation.
Regulatory Compliance Services
Improving the Effectiveness, and Reducing the Cost, of Compliance Programs
- Compare corporate, AML, Fair Lending, and other compliance programs and processes to regulatory requirements and expectations and industry practices, and offer recommendations for improvement
- Design enterprise-wide compliance risk management frameworks and develop written compliance program/policy documents consistent with management objectives and regulatory requirements
- Develop compliance risk management processes using a proven, integrated approach to regulatory compliance program management with a focus on creating effective, low-cost, and sustainable compliance programs and processes
- Rationalize existing compliance activities across multiple entities and businesses to create sustainable and low-cost programs
Design and Implementation of Compliance Process
- Advise on the design and implementation of compliance program elements/processes:
o Governance and organizational structures
o Regulatory inventories and change management processes
o Compliance risk assessment processes
o Compliance policies and procedures
o Compliance training programs and processes
o Compliance and AML monitoring and testing programs
o Statistically-based fair lending monitoring systems
o Automated customer due diligence processes
o Board and executive management reporting processes
- Operationalize compliance through integration into core business processes
Regulatory Readiness Reviews
Conduct Bank and Bank Holding Company regulatory readiness compliance reviews to assist institutions in their preparation for regulatory examinations/inspections by identifying potential regulatory gaps and providing specific actionable recommendations to address these gaps.
Evaluate design and operating effectiveness of compliance risk and control processes including those relating to Privacy, AML, Fair Lending, CRA, HMDA, Affiliate Transactions, Regulation O, Regulation Y, Regulation K, Consumer Credit and Deposit requirements, and other applicable compliance requirements.
Assist institutions with the design and execution of AML, corporate compliance program, and other compliance-related internal audits.
Compliance Due Diligence Support
Perform compliance due diligence reviews to assist institutions with the identification and dimensioning of compliance risks associated with mergers or acquisitions.
Assist Banks and Bank Holding Companies with remediating compliance program and performance issues arising from examinations/inspections, including developing remedial action plans and performing historical transaction testing.
Compliance Transaction Testing
Perform transaction testing to determine an institution's adherence with applicable safety and soundness and consumer protection laws, regulations, and supervisory guidance..
Description The role is focused on delivering Regulatory Compliance Services to E&Y’s clients
Client Specific Responsibilities
- Develop with Partners strategy and assessment that will enable profitable delivery of Regulatory Compliance Services.
- Take responsibility for the overall execution of the project and final delivery in accordance with E&Y quality guidelines and methodologies
- Manage client relationships on a day-to-day basis
- Contribute to the personal development of engagement team members
- Serve as a counselor and/or mentor to staff
- Ensure effective and timely knowledge sharing across the engagement back to the firm
- Bring in new business to the firm and practice. Marketing and Business Development
- evelop and assist in determining programs for expanding offerings to current clients.
- Build long-term, trusting relationships with regulatory bodies
People & Industry Responsibilities
- Attend regular meetings with the E&Y Leadership team to discuss progress on the assignments being handled
- Attend meetings with the other service line teams to update on progress of each assignment
- Responsible for the planning and scheduling of individual assignments; help determine the best team for the client (i.e., appropriate skill set mix and experience for the assignment in question)
- Responsible for monitoring all aspects of the engagement economics
- Become familiar with the services the firm provides and actively look for cross-selling opportunities
- Leverage ideas from other projects to enhance knowledge bases and create efficiencies
- Develop and document the engagement risk management approach and ensure adequate consideration of the risks and review of the working papers throughout the assignments
- Champion learning opportunities by developing and mobilizing resources to support continuous learning opportunities and identify stretch assignments for top talent
- Improves others’ learning opportunities, creates and delivers cross practice team learning events.
- Stay abreast of general business/economic developments and new standards; gain an in-depth understanding of their linkage and impact on the client’s business.
JOB KNOWLEDGE • Hands on experience in Regulatory & Compliance .
- Good Understanding of compliance required in US Regulatory Compliance
PERSONAL TRAITS • Excellent communication skills
- Good commercial acumen
- Good interpersonal, networking skills
- Strong marketing and business development skills
- Team player
- Process oriented
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE 10- 15 yrs