In conjunction with Senior Director HR L&D, Global Training Operations, lead and drive the scheduling, delivery and support for training operations across the India and APAC regions and in alignment with the overall Global L&D training strategy. Directs and oversees delivery of the training and development programs, including assessing, planning, implementing, facilitation, and tracking of day-to-day learning delivery operations.
The role and remit for this position includes collaborating with HR Training Partners and business units to diagnose performance needs and implement appropriate training or other performance-based solutions with intention of strengthening the performance required to achieve business goals. The APAC Director leverages the Parexel Management and Professional Development (M&PD) curriculum and functional roadmap to meet most learning needs required for strengthening necessary capability. He or she will also proactively plan and schedule relevant learning programs throughout the India and APAC region and as appropriate in coordination with the Japan L&D Operations Manager and the Americas/EMEA Operations Manager. This planning includes both strategically identifying geographic needs and addressing those needs with “open enrollment” courses, Lunch & Learn sessions, and other customer learning delivery solutions that may arise and be available. The solution also included embedded our company values and development invention into learning process or liaison with external parties to bring the best talents.
The India/APAC Director also needs to manage customer satisfaction with external vendors (Like: AMA, hotels, etc.) working closely within the assigned areas. Balance the investment and monitors the effectiveness of training, regularly provide necessary feedback to TBP or Other institute in global to ensure the execution and implementation are success.
- Ensures effective communication with corporate and regional leaders and employees so that they are aware of the training schedule, timing and availability of development opportunities.
- Develop the strategy and drive cohesion with other segments of the HR Learning & Development (L&D) function
- Manage, either directly or indirectly, training operations management and/or associate personnel
- Undertake the full range of duties relevant to the leadership, management and development of the training operations support team to ensure performance meets both business and personal goals/objectives
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner
- Participate in formal staff review processes e.g. performance and salary reviews to corporate standards and timescales
- Assist in orientation of new L&D staff
- Contribute to the management of the group budget, ensuring that best use is made of all resources
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to optimizing resources
- Excellent computer skills and proficient knowledge of MS Office product
- Customer service focused approach to work
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team environment
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- High level of self-motivation with professional approach to work
- Able to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple conflicting deadlines and competing priorities
- Demonstrated abilities in problem solving
- Detail orientated with high level of accuracy
- Experience in dealing with confidential materials
- Flexible working hours
- Culturally aware with the ability to think and work globally
- Ability to travel as needed for the position.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Having had an active role in training management.
- Experience in learning management best practices
- Experience in Clinical Research field and Training Development & Delivery or other similar experience
- Management experience required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification or clinical research experience