CSII Operations Support – Software Support Engineer
Manager - Software Support Engineer
We help people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 230+ million customers and members visit our 11000+ stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With last fiscal year revenues of approximately $482 billion and 2.2 million employees worldwide, Walmart is simply the largest retail business in the world.
@ Walmart Labs in Chennai, we enable an ecosystem wherein our customers can “save money so they can live better” by using technology for the charter of building brand new platforms ,services on latest technology stack and operation support to both our e-commerce and stores businesses worldwide.
CSII Team is responsible for operations, Stability and reliability of highly optimized supply chain suite of products to manage entire gamut of supply chain lifecycle for our retail and ecommerce lines of business. With our rapidly increasing footfalls in stores and exponential growth in online orders; this all has to be done to scale millions of owned and marketplace SKU’s complete inbound and outbound fulfilment lifecycles.
Team’s mission - “Enable customers to receive their orders when and where they want in an innovative and cost effective way for Walmart“ derives from Walmart’s mission statement - “Save Money. Live Better” complementing our organization’s philosophy to deliver low prices every day, on everything.
How we achieve this, comes down to the team of Operation specialist and smartest technologists from India focused on the entire suite of supply chain management products for the Walmart Supply Chain at a massive scale. From forecasting & replenishing inventory for millions of items worth billions of dollars, sourcing of millions of orders, to route optimization & last mile delivery to Warehouse Management Systems to most advanced grocery & order management systems & Item and inventory Systems. Operations team will minimize any disturbance to Supply chain operations by proactively identifying and remediate potential cause resulting in minimum to zero system downtime.
With over 4,000 associates in Silicon Valley, San Diego, Portland, Brazil, United Kingdom and India, we’re bringing together some of the best professionals from around the world. If you’re inspired by the opportunity to solve complex problems at scale and make a difference for our customers and members, join us.
1. Independently own and address and resolve applications issues, provide updates and perform root cause analysis.
2. Plan, execute and implement applications and configuration change procedures
3. Supervise all alerts related to application and system procedures and provide services proactively.
4. Maintain good professional relationships with counterparts of engineering, Platform support and end Users etc.
5. Gain and maintain expertise in flow of application process and systems related to domain
6. Flexibility - responsibilities may require occasional evening and weekend work
7. Coordinate across teams and resolve all complex application and system issues ranging in complexity (Low to Critical)
8. Install and prepare tools required for proper functioning of applications on regular basis.
9. Coordinate with departments and QA departments and administer code migrations in various environments and production outputs.
10. Manage all production system and recommend ways to optimize performance and provide solution to problems and prepare reports for all problems.
11. Follow standards and best practises to bring operational efficiencies, stability and availability of the system.
12. Comprehend various metrics on operational dashboards and reports and take corrective actions
13. Manage all production system and recommend ways to optimize performance and provide solution to problems and prepare reports for all problems.
14. Assisting with systems integration
15. Issue management and problem management - ensuring comprehensive database of queries and resolutions is kept up to date
1. An Engineering Degree - B.E/B.Tech/MS/PhD in any stream – Computer Science preferred.
2. 8-12 + years of relevant experience with the following skills
3. knowledge of operating systems, Databases, application stacks and network systems
4. Previous experience dealing with support cases or requests via e-mail, telephone and in person
5. Basic systems ,software engineering and Architecture knowledge
6. Ability to code/Script in one of the languages (C#, Python and Java) and working knowledge of SQL and Databases
7. Basic knowledge and understanding in emerging technologies of Cloud, Distributed computing and big data
8. Worked on monitoring and alerting tools
9. Automation experiences using scripting and tools
10. ITSM knowledge
11. Worked/supported customer facing large scale enterprise applications
12. Designed and dev eloped/set-up monitoring and alerting tools. mechanism to identify issues proactively
13. understanding of Logging techniques (various levels) and ability to use log for alerting and monitoring
14. Experience developing and managing a team of engineers
15. Experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
16. Experience of minimum of 7 years leading a technical support team
17. Experience of managing in a highly intensive and time-sensitive geographically dispersed product support organisation
18. Experience with complex system performance data analysis, system troubleshooting and applied technical problem solving skills to effectively manage operations.
19. Proven experience managing escalated accounts and driving incident, problem, and escalation management to successful resolutions
20. Proven ability to manage ambiguity and a preparedness to take on what is necessary to get things done
21. Proven work experience overseeing all aspects of the Technical Support management including staffing, shift operations, products, technology etc.,
22. Expertise in developing/enhancing the key support metrics to measure the effectiveness of the team members, processes, operations with the goal of achieving higher employee satisfaction and customer CSAT/NPS scores.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is an energetic, self-motivated individual focused on solving customer problems. He/She is a responsive team player who can proactively contribute for building technical strategies for operations, applications and systems by promoting an understanding of the technology and business roadmap. He /she is someone who thrives in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic, startup-like environment with following key skills
1. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
2. Listening ability and patience
3. Critical thinking, complex Problem Solve and Troubleshoot
4. Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation, and
5. Able to work independently or as part of a team.
6. Ability to explain complex ideas to those with limited IT and systems knowledge
7. Demonstrate ability to independently learn technologies and process thru continuous learning
8. Ability to work as part of a cross-cultural team including flexibility to support multiple locations when necessary,