ASEAN & South Asia-India-Bangalore
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Minimise fraud losses for Cards /products by actioning alerts on the Fraud Detection to minumise fraud loss. Identify emerging fraud trends to prevent customer / bank ending in financial loss.
- This role requires requires an ability to make quick on- the spot decisions, so as to ensure a balance between risk and customer service is an on-line situation.
- Working in a 24 hours centre for FRSC, Chennai/Bangaluru.
- Ensure that alerts are monitored and actioned on a case to case basis with minimum customer impact.
- Timely blocking of compromised and fraudulently misused cards and follow guidelines.
- Timely blocking of card for suspicious activity to mininimse fraud loss.
- Identify emergining fraud trends and suggest for possible rule changes/implementation.
- Timely update of the cards into Visa / MasterCard exception and account files wherever required
- Confirmation of suspicious transactions with customers and unblocking of card.
- Timely communication of key information and trends to Supervisor / Top Management.
- Report generation/ reviews, customer call backs and other activities to be completed within TAT
- Maintenance and archival of all department documents including various fax requests.
- Maintaining high level of customer satisfaction by handling customer service issues without compromising on the risk aspect.
- Profitability by implementing fraud control measures
- Ggood understanding of systems / procedures
- Understanding of the risk involved in various transaction types and cardholder profiles
- Providing support to the Fraud Control unit by monitoring of suspicious transactions and transactions originating from High Risk Countries and Suspected POC merchants.
- Coordination with Phone Banking Unit & Branches
- Coordination with Cards Operations & Chargeback units.
- Acquiring banks
- Merchants for recovery
Universal technical competencies and Role Specific technical competencies: Banking Knowledge
Bachelor or Masters Degree with Good Communication and Analytical Skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.