Area Manager I
LOCATIONS: BARODA, MUMBAI, NAGPUR
At Ekart our continuous endeavor is to provide high quality experience to the customers by increasing operational excellence. The purpose of this job role is to lead Cluster Managers/Hub In-Charges through planning, organizing, controlling, coordinating and coaching. The Area Managers role is to ensure that 4-6 Hubs assigned to them are managed in a cost effective and profitable manner. That standard operating procedures are adhered by the Hub teams at all time.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Accountable for all Hub Operations under the span of control and seek intervention from superior as appropriate.
2. Achieving Cost per Shipment. Maintain the cost of operations as per budget.
3. Achieve Zero lost shipment, shrinkage within hub and enroute.
4. Proper planning and coordination with support team for recovery if any.
5. Achieve productivity of Van/Bike as per budget.
6. 100% Compliance of KPI.
7. Continuous Process Improvement and Adherence of Quality Standards at all times.
8. Ensuring Customers are delighted at all times.
9. Ensuring stock accuracy is maintained at all Hub assigned to him.
10. Promptly and effectively manage customer escalations.
11. Ensuring employee engagement initiatives are implemented.
12. Ensure 100% ZTP (Zero Tolerance Policy).
13. Ensuring Area Deliverable are met duly reported.
14. Filling Gaps in employee head count within turnaround time.
15. Hub Performance reporting.
16. Ensure Profitable operations.
17. Ensure commercial and statutory compliances are met along with the support of teams.
18. Team Management, Training and Development of Hub teams.
19. Achieving Maximum Productivity of manpower.
20. Managing environmental bodies and statutory compliances.
21. Ensure Succession Planning at Hubs and implement special retention plan for HIPO talent.
22. Continuously improve in reducing Error rate in Operations Management.
23. Maintain high quality hygiene and safety for Facility & People.
24. Grievance Handling and Conducting Open House/meetings with Hub teams. Ensure low attrition
25. Ensure availability of adequate and trained manpower as per plan.
26. Conduct Monthly Review Meeting (MRM) along with Hub In-charge and Support team.
27. Ensure that lost shipment cases are evaluated and escalated to the Area Manager by the Hub In-
28. Evaluate if the lost shipment cases qualify as insurance claim and that such claim are processed in
coordination with Zonal Business Finance team.
29. Achieving capacity utilization as per budget.
30. Correct inappropriate behavior of employees in the assigned Hub as per the Disciplinary Process.
Minimum Graduate in any discipline. Masters Degree holders will be preferred.
Skill and Knowledge Required:
1. Operational Knowledge of Logistics/ Couriers/Retail/FMCG/FMCD industry.
2. Skill and knowledge of operating ERP used in logistics/supply chain and related industry.
3. Experience of leading and coaching Hub operations and support teams.
4. Has the ability to identify, analyze and propose solutions for effective and efficient Hub operations.
5. Escalates problems and concerns related to all Hub Operations proactively to seniors and support
6. Should have strong customer orientation and willingness to maintain a balanced approach when
resolving customer complaints. The Area Manager is the vital link between the customer and the
7. Has the ability to communicate in the most effective manner with juniors, peers, seniors and customers.
8. Should know computing skills especially reasonable knowledge and skills of Microsoft Office
application such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point and MS Outlook mail.
9. Should be able to coordinate with vendors and 3rd Party partners.
The incumbent will work with 4-6 Hub Operations and Support teams, HR and with Territory Manager,
Regional Manager and Zonal Support Teams.
The incumbent will be in dealing with Customer, Government officials and compliance inspectors, local
authorities, media and non-governmental bodies when required.
In case of external candidates: Should have a minimum of 2-3 years of cluster management or area
management experience from logistics/supply chain and related industry. Preference will be given to
those candidates who has been in the capacity of Cluster Manager/Area Manager.
In case of internal promotee: Should have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience as Cluster
Manager at Ekart and have successfully qualified in the Assessment and Development
Center/Internal Career Progression criteria.
Total relevant experience of 6-8 years.
Logistics/ Couriers/Retail/FMCG/FMCD industry