Team Lead, Contact Center/Customer Service
# of years of required experience:
Shift position will be required to work (if applicable):
Please specify shift time
US hours; must be able to work variable shifts between 7:00 am EST and 8:00 pm, EST, M-F and potentially weekend shifts as needed.
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org, and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent Health is looking for a Team Lead, Contact Center/Customer Service to be a key member of our Customer Service Organization (CSO) team. This individual will play a critical role in executing Evolent Health’s mission by assisting in leading a contact center team as part of the CSO. The Team Lead will be responsible for leading staff in a matrix environment to ensure the team delivers the highest possible quality service to our Health Plan partners, including members, providers, and other constituents. This position will lead their team in achieving and maintaining service levels and customer experience, understanding that service has a direct impact on plan performance.
- The Team Lead provides support to Customer Service team members ensuring the team handles all customer inquiries in a timely, professional and courteous manner, including phone calls or correspondence regarding benefit, eligibility, and all other inquiries and requests as well as proper intake and handling of complaints/grievances.
- Assists in leading customer service agents in all day-to-day activities to consistently meet established customer service/contact center service levels/metrics, schedule adherence and quality standards related to phone and non-phone work by monitoring activities such as live calls, recorded calls, queues, dashboards and other performance management tools.
- Responds to inquiries via telephone and other communication channels, regarding health plan benefits and claims, eligibility, medical and other healthcare procedures, billing and payments and other related topics. Conducts out-bound and/or return calls to customers, as necessary.
- Handles escalated service issues, including “request for supervisor/manager” calls; review and respond to complex issues and questions.
- Assists CSO supervisor/manager/leader in coaching, mentoring, and giving feedback to customer service agents through the use of reports, conducting quality audits, and other tools; provides timely feedback on a monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and/or annual basis to help drive performance; provides direct, consistent feedback and direction on performance in a timely manner to ensure continued productivity and quality standards are met.
- Partners with the Training and Development Department in providing feedback and data for the development or modification of training materials and job aids; assist in training of new hires or remediation training as needed.
- Assists in creating a positive work environment that ensures the staff works well as a team, are highly motivated and feel valued.
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues to provide appropriate response and type of assistance the customer needs.
- Analyzes and solves issues through to resolution on behalf of the customer in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the customer, providing accurate and complete information and solutions.
- Communicates and partners with customers tactfully and empathetically to resolve issues, using clear language translating healthcare-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can comprehend and act upon.
- Adheres to all applicable department, organization and/or regulatory policies and procedures; monitors departmental performance standards and reports; reviews department performance reports and actively collaborates with management and staff to ensure that "best practices" are followed.
- Participates in designated cross department work group and attend required meetings, as needed.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned..
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting. The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Include the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. For example, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Why Join Evolent?
Named among Forbes’ 2014 America’s Most Promising Companies and Glassdoor’s 2015 Best Places to Work, Evolent provides an opportunity to work with top talent in an organization committed to career development. While we come from a variety of backgrounds, we pursue a singular mission: to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered