WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are seeking a strong candidate to fill an Instructional Designer role. As a Senior Specialist, Instructional Design, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the global CD & Learning team create excellent, state-of-the-art learning programs and online resources. In this role, you will be responsible for creating learning and development contents in close collaboration with our global team and subject matter experts. Building on a strong expertise and passion for technology-based learning, you will help us shape how we communicate and learn more effectively. In particular, you will have a key role in advancing our digital tools and platforms by evaluating needs, curating contents, and developing custom content for our diverse audiences.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
Program and contents design
- Together with our Career Development and Learning Managers, as well as subject matter experts, understand target audiences, learning needs, and develop learning and change objectives
- Design and develop impactful contents for various learning formats and for performance support, for use in instructor-led residential or virtual programs, as well as for on-demand/blended programs, including written content and multimedia, across channels and technology
- Collaborate with our global team to transform existing contents (slide decks, learning resources, tools, knowledge) into effective resources for self-learning and performance support
- Develop and curate a library of self-service resources, collaborate with the broader team on curating contents from external learning libraries, eg, LinkedIn or MOOCs
- Pilot content and integrate user feedback into content design
- Work with internal production teams and external vendors to develop and create resources
- Contribute to other projects and initiatives of the global team
Advancement of the global function
- Help advance our global function through driving innovation and state-of-the-art tools and technology
- Explore new learning design, tools and technology, drive piloting and assessment
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners, develop and evolve formats and templates, integrating learning principles
- Actively contribute to shape the design of new features and enhancements to our learning platforms and tools
Advisory and communication
- Advise as subject matter expert on contents, media, delivery formats, and technology, depending on learning goals and subjects
- Collaborate with our Learning and Career Development Managers to modernize our communication and self-service platforms
- Support communication initiatives, learning and mobilization campaigns, as well as marketing activities
YOU'RE GOOD AT (CONT'D)
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor's degree or higher, ideally related to adult learning
- 5-7 years’ experience in designing and developing instructional materials and programs, preferred in professional services and/or information industries
- Strong proven interest and experience in learning and development, including current technology
- Superior English language, communication, visualization, and editing skills
- Strong experience with online and virtual learning contents, as well as visual/graphic design, interactive pdfs, and multimedia production
- Experience with content management systems or other state-of-the-art tools and mobile technology, ideally with html knowledge or equivalent
- Awareness of current design trends and a strong eye for design and layouts
- Strong creative analytical and problem solving skills, with ability to rapidly pick up new frameworks and concepts
- High attention to detail, passion for high quality and visual appeal
- Excellent self-management and project management skills
- Demonstrated initiative and impact, ability to work independently
- Experience with working in virtual international environments
- Highest level of integrity expected, treating all HR-related information as confidential
- Occasional international travel, where required
YOU'LL WORK WITH
BCG’s HR team works to attract, develop, excite, deploy, and retain the best people in the market. Those in human resources jobs manage the life cycle of all BCG employees—from hiring top talent and developing their skills to rewarding their contributions and supporting career progression and mobility.
YOU'LL BE TRAVELLING
YOUR EMPLOYEE TYPE IS
YOUR JOB TYPE IS
WHO WE ARE
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible—and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
BST is the operational heart of our business and is invaluable to our success. Roles such as finance, human resources, risk, and IT, help propel BCG forward. BST employees support the core of the organization and provide outstanding value to the business.
As a BST member, you will work with inspiring, talented, dedicated, and curious colleagues in an energizing, fast-paced environment in which people are treated with respect and help one another to succeed. Working at BCG provides you with the opportunity to grow through interesting and challenging work and to have an active voice in your personal career development.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.