JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:
JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners' evolving technology needs and the firm's ever expanding technology controls agenda. A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm's regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments.
- Advancing the firm's Roadmap programs - Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms.
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions.
- Driving innovation across the firm's corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles.
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency.
The Corporate Compliance Client List Screening technology team part of CT supports regulatory and compliance requirements of the Compliance line of business with applications that monitor and report on suspected anti-money laundering activities via screening activities of individuals and companies. Existing applications continue to be re-tooled and expanded to include global capabilities. We partner with our clients on evolving business capabilities, improving end user experience with our solutions and services, and ensuring that we continue to provide continuous improvement on the systems that are relied upon across the firm.
The CLS team is seeking a strong Application developer to design, develop and support of applications within / affecting the Client List Screening Technology portfolio. These applications involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools.
- As a software develop, paritcipate in all the phases of SDLC to build enterprise quality software applications using the latest technologies
- Responsible for delivery of significant portions of the software applications.
- Build code that is reusable, maintainable and scalable.
- Promote and deploy code using standard release management tools; must be comfortable with techniques that leverage team-based development.
- Support application development through code reviews, system testing and user acceptance testing, bridging gap between business rules and technical implementation when necessary.
- Communication of status, issue, and risk disposition to all stakeholders, including senior management, on a timely basis
- KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years direct experience in software development and programming using java based technologies.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions
- Ability to learn and get accustomed with the inner workings of vendor products / applications in the portfolio applications a must
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated software and system management tools.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Experience with Java, Spring, Cloud technologies, Container technologies
- Experience with client side technologies ReactJS, Angular
- Experience with any RDBMS -Oracle, SQL Server or Nosql -MonggoDB etc.
- Knowledge of database design / concepts and file management techniques.
- Thorough understanding of software development methodology and project deliverables documentation
- Past experience with Agile development a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to independently lead and manage projects
- Ability to work closely in partnership with the business, technology and project management partners applying communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices
- Candidate needs to be highly client focused, highly motivated, and hard working. Ability to effectively work with a wide range of business units and technology
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills with a proven ability to multi-task and successfully execute complex technical problems.
- Must be able to work in environment with challenging deadlines and across a large organization.
- Effective problem resolution skills - ability to analyze, resolve and / or escalate
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong client relationships and work effectively with colleagues at various levels of the organization across multiple locations
- Experience in all phases of systems development/project life cycle; strong capabilities in managing the creation of high quality project deliverables
- Detail-oriented coupled with the ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Must possess the ability to work and research/resolve issues independently
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or analytical field preferred
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize; strong attention to detail; ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to drive progress with very-little guidance and short turnaround times
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.