Posting Date Dec 14, 2019
Job Number 19175362
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Hotel Pune, Senapati Bapat Road, Pune, Maharashtra, India VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Functions as the strategic business leader of the property's Rooms department. Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating the quality of property’s rooms. Position works with direct reports to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures Rooms operations meet the brand’s standards, targets customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment to the owner and company.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 to 10 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 to 10 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Rooms Team
- Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
- Monitors and promotes room rates, specials, and promotions at the residence.
- Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
- Works with Rooms team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
- Reviews and audits expenses.
Managing Revenue Goals
- Monitors Rooms operations sales performance against budget.
- Reviews reports and financial statements to determine Rooms operations performance against budget.
- Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy and rate, wages and controllable expenses.
- Compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
- Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
- Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
- Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
- Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Ensures that employees understand expectations and parameters for Room duties.
- Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in Rooms (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change, ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams, and assists with their growth and development plans.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.