Principal Consultant - SAP Adapter/ SAP Tech Consultant-190018Y6
Oracle’s Construction and Engineering Global Business Unit (CEGBU) focuses on project-intensive industries such as engineering and construction, aerospace and defense, utilities, oil and gas, chemicals, industrial manufacturing, automotive, financial services, communications, travel and transportation, healthcare; state, local and federal government.
The CEGBU has numerous products that support Enterprise Project Portfolio Management software such as Unifier, P6, Aconex, OPPM and Oracle Primavera Cloud (formerly Prime) that encompasses resource allocation, cost reduction, supply-chain efficiency, and decision-making―using real-time data, for the enterprise market.
The Senior Consultant will be involved in design, implementation, deployment, maintenance and documentation of SAP adapter. Maintain skills in SAP applications process design and configuration; SAP application design, development, integration, testing and deployment; and SAP application technical architecture.
This responsibility includes interacting with clients at all levels to understand the business requirements to conclude the blueprint, configuration, testing, migration, support and continuous enhancements of the Adapter.
The person should be able to carry out the following responsibilities· Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Technical SAP skills:
- Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals.
- Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within Oracle on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach.
- Have some latitude in decision-making acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
- Manages or contribute as a team member to large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Oracle. Teams may be distributed on shore and off shore.
- Manage interactions and delivery with third parties contributing to the overall solution.
- Extensive Experience in PS (Project Systems) and PM (Plant Maintenance) modules is must and knowledge of HR (Human Resources), MM (Material Management) and FICO (Finance and Controlling) modules is preferred.
- Proficiency in ABAP Technologies - ABAP Workbench, ABAP Data Dictionary, Report Programming, Data Migration, Screen Programming, Smartforms, Adobe forms, Authorizations, ALE/IDOC, Workflow, Performance Tuning, Webdynpro ABAP, OO ABAP, Database Updates, Enhancements & Modifications.
- Extensive experience in ABAP debugging
- Proficient understanding of SAP technologies and applications.
- Ability to research and resolve issues.
- Have an experience in enhancements of Data Services Jobs, HANA Models and applying Patches on HANA.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 4 to 6 years’ experience in a Client facing or Consulting Role
- 2-5 years of overall experience in relevant SAP modules and ABAP.
- Understanding of API technologies, REST, SOAP, OData, etc
- Enterprise Software implementation experience working for a software company.
- Thorough knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Previous systems (integration) experience with SAP and other systems.
- Java experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication & coaching skills.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
An experienced consulting professional who has an understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May act as the team lead on projects. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and configures detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
5-7 years of experience relevant to this position including 2 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.