Cognitive Clinical Management:
Clinical Non-invasive Management:
- Perform and document history & physical examination
- Formulate differential diagnosis
- Documents initial plan of care*
- Modifies daily plan of care*
- Writes daily progress notes
- Obtain and document informed consent
- Order appropriate referrals*
- Order appropriate investigations*
- Monitors the vitals and specific monitoring as ordered by the consultants.
- Interpret hemodynamic parameters in critically ill patients and Coordinate with consultants appropriately
- Interpret laboratory & radiology results*
- Orders transfusions of blood and blood products*
- Order appropriate medication and other orders*
- Prepare an appropriate discharge summary
- Follow the infection control guidelines of the infection control committee.
Clinical Invasive Management:
- Perform digital rectal examination
- Perform cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- Performs Lumbar puncture, pleural tapping, and abdominal tapping *.
- Orders, adjusts artificial feeding modalities
- Monitors patient on Mechanical ventilation- Invasive and Non invasive
- Systematic and continual monitoring of Coronary artery disease patients
- Monitors patients on Haemodialysis ,CAVHD & CVVHD.
- Assists central venous catheter*
- Performs endotracheal intubation*
- Performs nasogastric intubation
- Inserts urethral catheter
- Inserts invasive lines for monitoring*
- Obtains samples from arteries for ABG analysis.
Ø Follow the Duties and responsibilities of the physician in general (as given in Doctor’s Handbook)
Ø To abide by the policies laid down by the Infection Control Committee.
Ø Follow the protocols and policies as stated in the Doctor’s handbook
- Procedure always requires discussion or presence of Junior Consultant and above
Any other jobs assigned by superior due to exigencies of work.