Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
Share and collaborate effectively with others.
Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
Build and maintain an internal and external network.
Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Play an integral role in PwC’s core assurance services wherein you will work closely with the teams to tackle accounting, auditing and other issues, while using audit and digital tools and technology.
- Take ownership of the assigned tasks and deliverables, with the ability to understand implications of findings, next steps and deadlines.
- Understand the process workflow related to work requests from initiation through completion, understand how workflow is managed within the firm's workflow management tool, understand optimal and required manner in which to document results of work performed.
- Participate in a wide range of projects and collaborate across multiple work streams or teams; consistently demonstrating problem solving, individual initiative and timely completion of assigned work.
- Consistently demonstrate teamwork dynamics by working as a team member: understand personal and team roles; contribute to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; and proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback.
- Serve as a participant on communications with engagement teams / clients.
You will have the opportunity to specialize in one of the following businesses within Assurance:
- Financial statement review procedures based on understanding of relationships between supporting documentation and financial statement documents in accordance with auditing standards
- Financial services sector providing assistance to Asset Management, Banking, Insurance and Real Estate engagement teams in the territory offices at the planning, fieldwork and completion stages of the audit process
- Industries specific to manufacturing, health services, energy and power utilities, technology, retail & consumer and other teams in the territory offices at the planning, fieldwork and completion stages of the audit process.
- Private non-public companies across multiple sectors helping teams in various offices across USA and Canada
- Specialized audit assistance to clients across various industries & sectors with a key focus on digitization, standardization and automation
- Specialized areas which are non-audit but integral to the overall audit process
- Perform work and provide related deliverables in accordance with PwC SDC User Guide instructions as applied to engagement teamwork request submissions
- Maintain working knowledge of PwC SDC User Guides
- Monitor time and manage deadlines
- Adhere to PwC SDC policies and procedures
- Participate in training, coaching and other developmental opportunities
- Performs the quality check on all deliverables to ensure they are consistent with laid down quality parameters
- Qualification: Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Experience: Fresher - 0 - 1 year
- Job Location: Bangalore/Kolkata/Hyderabad
- Other Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat, effective written and verbal communication skills with an ability to interact with global teams
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
November 30, 2021