With yearly revenue of $524 bn, Walmart employs approximately 2.2 million associates worldwide. We innovate to deliver a simple and seamless experience for our customers. Our tech talent solves the biggest and most complex problems. They drive digital transformation where data and analytics are enabling us to better serve our customers and create a digital relationship with them. As our customers evolve and adapt, we are taking it a few notches further here. We’re changing what customers can expect from the experience of shopping, from physical stores, to mobile, social and even online forums; we’re not just ready for the future of shopping, we’re creating it. Walmart India Development Centre is the cutting-edge technology arm of Walmart that helps to operate our stores across the world. If you’re thinking ‘scale’, think bigger and don’t stop there. At Walmart India Development Centre, we don’t just innovate, we enable transformations across stores and different channels for the Walmart experience. Take a regular day at Walmart Labs and match that with 265 million customers transactions a week, 11,500 stores under 56 banners in 27 countries, and eCommerce websites in 10 countries. That’s Walmart Labs for you.
CSII Team is responsible for building data driven highly optimized supply chain suite of products to manage entire gamut of supply chain lifecycle for our retail and ecommerce lines of business. With our rapidly increasing footfalls in stores and exponential growth in online orders; this all has to be done to scale millions of owned and marketplace SKU’s complete inbound and outbound fulfilment lifecycles.
Team’s mission - “Enable customers to receive their orders when and where they want in an innovative and cost effective way for Walmart“ derives from Walmart’s mission statement - “Save Money. Live Better” complementing our organization’s philosophy to deliver low prices every day, on everything.
How we achieve this, comes down to the team of smartest technologists from India focused on the entire suite of supply chain management products for the Walmart Supply Chain at a massive scale. From forecasting & replenishing inventory for millions of items worth billions of dollars, sourcing of millions of orders, to route optimization & last mile delivery to Warehouse Management Systems to most advanced grocery & order management systems; technology is the backbone behind the entire platform enabling the massive cloud-scale supply chain from India.
With over 4,000 associates in Silicon Valley, San Diego, Portland, Brazil, United Kingdom and India, we’re bringing together some of the best professionals from around the world. If you’re inspired by the opportunity to solve complex problems at scale and make a difference for our customers and members, join us.
Senior Manager – Data Analytics
This position will be on the Walmart Labs Item and Inventory team, focused on building Walmart's best in class Product Catalog and Supply Chain. At Walmart Labs, you will be given the freedom to try new things and prove the value of your own ideas and innovations and own them all the way to from ideation and doing research, developing business case, proving that it works and working with cross functional team to implement in production as appropriate. We foster a motivating culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement. Ensure business needs are being met using Data Science best practices. Participate in internal hackathons and innovation challenges!
- Analyze complex data to identify patterns, detect anomalies in data using statistical tools as well as machine learning algorithms if required.
- Drive product and process improvements across the broad spectrum of projects in Item and Inventory organisation
- Mentor and manage junior analysts
- Find workable solution in case of data inconsistency and inconclusive data
- Drive projects with minimal guidance. Provide thought leadership by researching best practices and conducting experiments
- Evaluate various analytical/statistical methods and procedures and provide recommendation of relevance, applicability, efficiency of those to Walmart Catalog teams
- Work with cross functional group consisting of Engineering, Product, Program managers to drive data based decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science or related discipline with 12+ years’ experience (8+ Relevant)
- Prior experience managing and mentoring team members
- Lead major analytical and Operational excellence projects across multi-functional team and enable stakeholders to make data driven decisions to maximize customer experience/Business impact at minimal possible cost.
- practical experience with SAS, ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics
- Proficient is Sql and no-sql languages, R, Python
- Worked on gathering data from Cassandra, Kafka, MongoDBs. Work with big data on GCP and Azure
- Handled multi-million records of data. Troubleshooting and fixing data issue
- Data Visualization in any BI tools like Tableau, PowerBI, etc.,
- Understanding and application of statistical concepts to solve business problems
- Advanced statistical modelling skills is a Plus
Walmart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity, unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.