Assistant Vice President
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
- This is a cross-TC facing role – TC15 & TC08
- Manage a team of team managers who in turn manage 12 – 20 Advisors each and an overall Span of 30 plus BA2’s in TC15 & 15 TC08 BA3
- Ensure smooth functioning of the process and compliance to procedures and policy guidelines; Lead the team into operational growth. To proactively build relationships with customers (internal and external); Responsible for managing Process, People, Metric & Client relationship; Ensure effective resource utilization.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Ensure Service Level Agreements for the process are met as agreed upon with the client
- Identify causes for non-achievement of Service Level Agreements, develop solutions and implementing the same
- Review and analyse performance reports against targets on a weekly/monthly basis with Team Managers and with client and investigate causes for performance deviations
- Ensure process compliance with all business rules and regulatory directives, and adherence to all operational processes and procedures such as disaster recovery,
- Monitor compliance adherence through timely audits, generating awareness on the floor etc.
- Manage performance of individual teams through performance management techniques, career planning strategies and sharing of best practices.
- Perform trend analysis on MIS/ data and identify deficiencies (tools, metrics and reports) and recommend solutions; ensure maintenance of processes and procedures to facilitate the same
- Responsible for attrition management and arranging for backfills on a timely basis
- Mentor and ensure smooth induction of new hires in the process
- Develop strategic & tactical plans to identify, analyse and effectively respond to clients needs, emerging trends and best practices
- Work closely with HR to ensure high employee morale and retention initiatives
- Manage attrition by implementing measures for retention of work force
- Review, recommend and implement new methods and procedures to ensure efficiency of operations
- Conduct dip checks of parameters that impact performance to ensure data integrity
- Conduct skip level meetings at regular intervals to address concerns, if any
- Responsible for staff performance, management, compensation and rewards & recognition programs
- Attend daily huddle with team managers to be updated on all the floor issues concerns
- Set KROs for the team managers and ensure KROs are aligned to the client SLAs and the overall organizational goals
- Drive quality and process improvement initiatives such as Six Sigma/Lean to ensure continuous improvement Provide reports on the process metrics and employee performance to the Top Management
- Conduct regular meetings with the support teams namely, Transition/Projects & Technology to ensure that the internal SLAs are met
- Assist in budget management & cost control measures
- Understand billing parameters of clients and take measures to ensure billing optimization
- To be involved in recruitment & selection process of floor employees
- Monitor employees count for full time attendance
- Conduct performance reviews daily/weekly/monthly
- Co-ordinate with Helpdesk for employees query resolution
- Monitor and manage call/process related quality
- Interact with other operations teams to avail required information
- Liaise with HOD/ COO regularly
- Manage various trainings namely Ex. Process, Up skill and Refreshers
- Involve in corporate social responsibility initiatives (Community)
- Liaise with departments like transport, admin and HR-Ops to facilitate efficient management of Operations
- Work with the Team Manager/Operational Manager to plan and provide support and guidance with Disciplinary & Grievances, completing documentation and scribing for interviews
- Measuring performance of the team
- Confirmation and on-going feedback and training
- Build effective vertical and horizontal communication channels across the organization
- Formulate long term plans for the development and motivation of the team
- Nominate sub-ordinates for suitable training programs sponsored by the organization to enhance their capabilities and skill level.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Graduate/Post-Graduate in any discipline
- Flexibility in hours of work and ability to work changing shifts patterns
- Should not be on active CAP/DAP
- Last rating PD rating should be Strong & above
- Prior experience in Operations & Team Handling
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do:
Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.