- Basic Qualifications High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information - 5+ years of experience as a Business/Financial Analyst, BI Engineer or Systems Analyst preferably in an internet-based company with large, complex data sources
- Proficient in multiple flavours of SQL, (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift)
- Experience in data visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Quicksight)
- Ability to take complex business problems and translate them into clear and accurate results
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause/ analyses
- Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with Data Engineers and BI Engineers to mine the right data sources efficiently and accurately
- Strong verbal and written communications skills at an executive level that enable you to explain complex insights with clarity and precision
It is still Day 1 at Amazon India. While we have grown quickly over last few years there are still many consumers who have yet to shop with us. The “Reach” team is on a mission to identify and acquire the next 100M customers by building online and offline solutions for these customers.
Your job as Sr. Business Analyst for Reach, would be to collect, prepare and analyze data that enables acquiring the next 100M customers.
You will do this by leading weekly, monthly, and quarterly business review processes; collecting, preparing and analyzing data relevant to the businesses you support. Primary business areas that you will be directly working with are
(i) Voice – We use voice to improve the shopping experience on our mobile app
(ii) Video – We use videos as a means to build a simpler shopping experiences for our customers
(iii) Vernacular – We build our site and app in multiple Indic languages
(iv) Mobile web and other online initiatives – We are building for the next 100M customers across multiple access points like mobile web and a lite mobile app.
We are looking for a team-player to play a significant part in defining our team efforts. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and be able to create and maintain efficient & automated processes. He / She will have to set the right vision, strategy and roadmap and work alongside with stakeholders in the organization to make it happen. The candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner effectively with business leaders to answer key business questions. You are analytical and creative, and you don’t quit. This is a role with high visibility to senior leadership and with high opportunity for impact for those willing to roll up their sleeves and dive deep to achieve results.
- Understanding drivers, impacts, and key influences on business P&L dynamics.
- Preparing monthly sprint plans, prioritizing requests from partner product teams.
- Partnering with the product team to create key performance indicators and new methodologies for measurement.
- Translating data into actionable insights for the stakeholders.
- Automate reporting for weekly business metrics, identify areas of opportunity to automate and scale ad-hoc analyses.
- Preferred Qualifications - 7+ years of experience as a Business/Financial Analyst, BI Engineer or Systems Analyst preferably in an internet-based company with large, complex data sources
- Experience working with both business and operations teams with deep experience on existing systems and data sources
- Master’s degree, MBA or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related business field.
- Experience developing Python applications in a production environment - Track record of strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses and contribute to documents
- Experience developing insights across various areas of customer-related data: financial, product, and marketing - Experience in database management to support limited clusters for the organization