- UX Designer
Job Location – Bangalore, India
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator with more than 59,000 associates committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. Our world class brands have unparalleled leadership positions in some of the most demanding and attractive industries and our technologies address a broad range of societal needs:
Protecting the global water supply and ensuring environmental stewardship
Protecting the world's food supply and verifying pharmaceutical dosages and authenticity
Leading scientific research and advancing patient health with the highest diagnostic confidence
Improving dental outcomes and promoting access to comfortable patient care around the world
Danaher generates over $20 billion USD of annual revenue from business segments: Life Sciences, Diagnostics, Water Quality, and Product Identification.
For additional company details, see www.danaher.com.
Danaher Digital is our digital innovation and acceleration center where we’re bringing together the leading strategic product and business leaders, technologists and data scientists for the common purpose of accelerating development and commercialization of disruptive and transformative digital solutions into the marketplace.
We accelerate Danaher’s digital innovation journey by partnering with Danaher operating companies (OPCOs) to monetize and commercialize the potential of emerging digital trends.
Located in Silicon Valley, the heart of global innovation, Danaher Digital is ideally situated to capitalize on the digital mega trends transforming our world, including IoT, Data, AI, cloud, mobile, Augmented Reality (AR), Blockchain and other Digital frontiers.
UX Interactive Designer
- Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment. Work with leadership in design planning and goal creation.
- Design the interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences for an IoT and Data analytics platform.
- Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
- Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
- Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
- Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
- Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Work with a cross-functional team to design a delightful user experience by translating product requirements into engaging design concepts and simple interaction models
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high-fidelity prototypes.
- Ensure interfaces are held to a consistently high standard of user-centered design and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Partner with user researchers and influence insight studies related to the discovery and understanding of unresolved interface problems and needs
- Contribute to overall design framework to ensure consistent experiences across suite of products, by working seamlessly with other UX designers throughout the company.
- Ask thoughtful questions, take risks and champion new ideas
- Stay current with trends, best practices, and methodologies in areas of UX, information architecture, UI design
- 8+ years as an interaction and/or visual designer, creating excellent user interfaces that delight the user
- Bachelors Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- A well-grounded sense of interactive design with respect to creating simple, elegant, aesthetically pleasing interfaces based on usability principles
- Extensive experience thinking in terms of end-to-end UI design, applying strategic thinking and business goals to designs, focusing on user feedback, and understanding the relation of visual design to the interaction
- Equally successful in projects where you are collaborating with other UX designers and where you are working autonomously as the sole UX expert on a product team
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, equally at ease speaking with development teams or executives when articulating and advocating design concepts and rationale, negotiating and influencing to build consensus
- Excellent time-management and the ability to quickly prioritize tasks and work autonomously
- An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes).
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
- Experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams throughout the design process (i.e. creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes).
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
- Experience designing across multiple platforms (mobile, web, or hardware).
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and you iterate quickly, incorporating feedback.
- MA/MS degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in industrial solutions.
- You have experience working with software product managers and are familiar with the agile software development process.
- You are comfortable working with data and have done at least some work in data visualization design.
- You have experience in various communication design media and can present a portfolio of graphic design work, including printed collateral and other branding applications.