o Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field,
o 2-5 years of software engineering and product delivery experience, with strong background in algorithms and high performance distributed systems.
o Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language
o Experience with Web frameworks and like Django/React.js, jQuery, Require.js
o Experience in SQL or Non-SQL database.
o Experience in designing and building extremely reliable, scalable and high performing enterprise systems in about one-third the time that most competent people think possible.
o Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
o Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
o Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
o Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
o Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
o Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
o Analytical abilities and proven design skills.
Is passion for innovation what drives you? Are you turned on by seeing something you worked on being used by millions of people? Alexa Data Services (ADS) is a global Machine Intelligence Data Services organization that provides a broad range of data labeling services for Machine Learning technologies such as Automatic Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding, Entity Resolution, Text-to-Speech, and Question Answering within and beyond the Alexa organization.
We provide full-cycle, high-quality data and services in multiple languages, for multiple countries to power the entire lifecycle of Alexa's features, languages, and devices (pre-launch, beta, and post-launch). We are looking for passionate and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, large-scale, high volume, and distributed software applications. Alexa is always getting smarter.
Join the team that trains her.
Summary of Responsibilities:In this role, you will:
1. Develop and maintain of key features of the system.
2. Work with team members to devise design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
3. Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against tight schedules.
4. You will apply knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, and design techniques and approaches to design an integrated solution to address business requirements.
5. You will interface with other engineers on the team for peer reviews and with a diverse set of customers (Program Managers, business stakeholders etc.) on understanding business objectives, gathering requirements and delivering solutions.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, are driven to see people using your creation, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Strong written and verbal communication skills preferred