Vice President: Customer Care Operations
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
To lead a team of professionals to drive a Customer centric environment ensuring the following:
- Drive a ‘customer first approach’ across all areas with Customer Care
- Provide customer insights - Analysis of complaints (including perceived) identification of RCA & work with Business teams on resolving gaps – leading to rationalisation in contacts to the bank
- Embedment of changes and close looping on any customer feedback
- Process improvements
- Recommend empowerments where required to enhance CX
- Analysis Develop holistic customer journeys and shape all customer touchpoints across customer care areas
- NPS actions – Understand customer pain points and drive actions to enhance Channel Advocacy
What will you be doing?
- Extensive knowledge and skills to manage large Customer Interaction Services set up with comprehensive knowledge of Credit Card Operations and Customer journeys.
- Exceptional communication and Senior story telling skills to be able to engage with Senior Business Stakeholders
- Formulate strategies and implement plans based on performance of the process, business goals related to customer and sales, process management, training requirements and operations planning to maximize profitability and client satisfaction.
- Own the development, articulation and implementation of the business strategy by working closely with business stakeholders across different business functions
- Monitor and drive plans to achieve successful completion on time, budget and quality
- Own and manage all risk elements of the business including but not limited to revenue & cost, attrition, customer experience and brand reputation
- Develop long term goals within own business area to align with the organization’s vision. Create plans which involve capitalizing on current opportunities and future emerging trends.
- Ensure service level agreements (SLAs) for the process are met as agreed upon with the client.
- Strong Analytical skills to be able to review and analyse performance reports, cost optimization opportunities and come up with recommendations to improve business efficiency and performance
- Play a pivotal role in reviewing end to end process journeys with the aim to recommend strategic and tactical changes to deliver improved end customer experience and enable reduction of Customer complaints
- Ownership of staffing model for the site, resource planning and budgetary allocations and design to achieve key service delivery metrics and ensure that the same are communicated effectively both externally & internally to facilitate business compliance.
- Apply innovative and forward thinking solutions to drive continuous improvements in the process and recommend ways to automate, eliminate and innovate to improve customer journeys - Being the think tank, ideating and implementing initiatives that streamline operational processes
- Monitor competitor & external market activity.
- Resolve need-based escalation of decisions and ensure proper follow-up of the same
What we’re looking for:
- Drive a strong Values driven culture within the Business Unit aligned to Barclays Purpose Values & Behaviour
- Own the Talent Development plan for the business and ensure that the right level of investment in made in our Top Talent to groom for bigger & better roles
- Formulate a clear Succession plan and invest in manager development activities – Build a strong leadership pipeline
- Actively lead sharing information, learning and knowledge- consistently looking for opportunities to benchmark and gain intelligence within own sector/ professional domain.
- Own the resource management plan for the business and Ensure smooth induction of new hires in the team.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills within the Team-Build effective communication channels to ensure open communication and address issues/ concerns raised by the team.
- Communicate strategic developments within the business area.
- Groom and mentor the team to handle wider span & higher responsibilities.
- Provide leadership to the managers and management oversight for issue resolution
- Create an environment that encourages staff retention; high levels of staff engagement and ensure employee satisfaction shows a year on year improvement
- Embed a culture of regular reviews and performance management aligned to Barclays standards
- Contribute in promoting Barclays as employer of first choice
- Engage, motivate and coach the team towards achieving goals.
- Set and communicate common business goals and objectives
- Provide thought leadership by leading/participating in Voice Leadership forums
- Identify the developmental needs of the team & encourage them to take suitable training programs to enhance their capabilities and skills.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience of working in a Customer Service Environment in a lead role
- Graduate degree
- Experience in Managing Vendor Relationship
- Conceptual thinking
- Strong people management and motivation skills
- Track record of achieving results through managing teams in an operational environment
- Excellent Story telling based on analytical research
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do:
Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.