Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Working as a technical expert in the GS CoS team, supporting system integration tasks of VoLTE networks.
Accepts responsibility and demonstrates support for delegated decisions. Requires minimum supervision. Uses non-standard approaches to resolving issues. Suggests improvements and seeks opportunities for innovation. Some collegial or consultant interaction.
Individual Contributor, Performs and/or coordinates day-to-day activities to meet departmental/project objectives. Carries out root/cause analysis in more complex problems. Can develop and implement recommendations. Carries out variety of complex activities according to plan within broader area of responsibility, analyses problems. Decision making typically according to established solutions.
Able to contribute to strategic decisions in domain area. Lead or provide reference expertise to design teams. Thorough knowledge system theory and NSN solution. Ability to develop new methods/solutions to meet the delivery requirement. Capability to understand and explain both business and technical issues related to the subject matter.
Can recognize core elements of problems, can solve both concrete and abstract problems by integrating complex knowledge sources.
Uses a range of negotiation strategies to achieve desired outcomes across NSN
Champions ideas, and initiatives across NSN, keeping others engaged and driving implementation
Uses existing relationships to promote NSN interests
Creates a strong and enduring impression with people inside and outside of NSN and continuously seeks to expand the network.
- Implementation, Integration, Acceptance Tests activities for Mobile Switching Core Products like vMSS, MGW, oTAS, NTAS and CFX-5000.
- Provides technical support with a bent of mind towards advanced trouble shooting as part of 24x7 Emergency/Outage handling
- Participate in or develop detailed designs of the Core Network in the logical order of network level designs, network element designs, and data-fill.
- Solid experience with Protocol Analyzer Tools (Wireshark, Tektronics etc.) and Internal Message Monitoring
- Quality production, documentation and implementation of configuration changes.
- Must have worked as SI Engineer for respective technology, also if worked on OSS integration interfaces then will be an added advantage
- Must have integration experience with multi vendor.
- Adherence of new design to the design guidelines/strategies.
- Impact assessment of configuration changes on services, performance and revenue.
- Specification of testing required for each change.
- Optimizing implementation changes.
- Timely production of designs and configuration changes.
- Development of tools for configuration changes.
- Consultancy on Design/Configuration issues
- Participation in Project teams representing Design/Configuration. Seamless implementation of changes in the Core Network
- Assess and mitigate risk of Core Network changes to ensure minimal service or revenue impacts. More specifically this would involve performing network impact assessment and developing a test regime to mitigate exposure.
- Develop and execute test plans, implementation plans, procedures, test specs and test cases.
- Implementation activities included are configuration loading, software and hardware upgrades, software updates, new functionality or system integration, subscriber/link migration, and re-parenting.
- Ensure implementation is in accordance with detailed designs and project timeframes.
- Review, coordinate and manage installation, commissioning and implementation activities procured from vendors or third parties.
- Develop or review implementation and fallback procedures.
- Undertake technical acceptance of the solutions implemented in the model or test environment. Requirements:
- Design, configure, test and implement project solutions within agreed timeframes.
- Develop and maintain implementation procedures and tools.
- Testing and implementation of network configuration changes in accordance with detailed designs
- Implementation of software and hardware upgrades in project timeframes
- Review, coordinate and manage installation, commissioning and implementation activities procured from vendors or third parties
- Trial and implement new network features.
1. Sets clearly defined short-term and long-term goals for own function
2. Plans activities and projects/programmes for sub-regions or programs and forms ‘Plan B’s’ to deal with potential difficulties
3. Gains agreement in difficult situations, recognising the need for give and take
4. Promotes ideas effectively across multiple stakeholders