Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review Global Documents (e.g., GGDs) based on available evidence (e.g., Core Data Sheet, medical literature, data on file) ensuring comprehensive, high quality, scientifically correct and consistent medical information. Closely interact with the GMA Brand team and ensure review, approval and availability of documents in the global Novartis medical information database
- Accountable for managing all compound-related queries including development, editing, and approval of responses to medical enquiries, by obtaining information from internal sources (e.g., safety, regulatory, development, research) and published materials. Adhere to requirements of the Risk Management Plan (RMP) and support the adverse events (AE) and product complaints (PC) handling process.
- Manage Novartis medical information system and database, including literature library. Manage timely update for all assigned products in collaboration with medical affairs and development teams. Accountable for medical information global database accuracy and completeness. Train users and oversee user access within the assigned therapy area.
- Develop, disseminate, and manage internal Med Info related news flow of key product and disease information on an on-going basis
- Responsible for medical information and communication responsibilities, e.g. escalated enquiry management, to meet Regional, CPO, and Franchise needs while fostering optimal use of Novartis products.
- Maintain processes to optimize communication and exchange across the Franchises, Regions, CPOs, and medical affairs.
- Responsible for collection and reporting of relevant metrics/KPIs and act upon KPIs to enhance performance.
- Compile and select published evidence for products to support answers to Health Authorities, such as license renewals (e.g., for Clinical Expert Statements) or Periodic Safety Update Reports in cooperation with the responsible departments
- Bachelor degree in a healthcare related field with medical information or communication skills. Will consider other scientific degree plus strong medical information and communication skills
- +5 years of experience in medical communication / writing settings
- Strong medical writing skills with history of creating clear, concise, and compelling medical letters
- Skills in defining specific search strategies in commonly used databases such as PubMed, Ovid, STN, etc.( including adequate use of Boolean operators, nested searches, field operators/descriptors, database-specific medical thesaurus in order not to miss important data while at the same time limit hits to specific data on any specific medical or scientific topic.)
- Profound understanding of scientific and medical language and quality standards used in published literature (allowing understanding and selecting adequate data in a particular context of question and to judge on reliability or level of evidence of such data).
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Nov Hltcr Shared Services Ind
Research & Development