Sr. Quality Engineer
Test Requirement Analysis:
Test Strategy and Test Planning:
- Participating in user story reviews and identifying gaps in requirements both functional and NFR.
- Create/modify RTM with each and every requirement mapped to one or more test cases , test scripts & defects from Functional, integration & acceptance test code/scripts.
- Perform Requirement Analysis – Understand the application and technical design docs.
- Participate in Backlog grooming session with Product owner and scrum master to priotize the stories from backlog.
- Creation of subtasks as applicable.
- Create/modify query/clarification tracker & discussion with development teams/scrum master/onsite for query resolution.
Gather inputs from the client (eg Types of testing, Development teams, Client managers etc)* Participate & provide inputs, get clarifications in the sprint review meetings with product owner, the Scrum team, project management, customers and developers from other projects.
Test Design Techniques (Design principles/tools/patterns):
- Participate in joint applicationd development with SMEs, session leaders, developers, architects to understand the low level design components.
- Assist / support development team in unit test automation, identify environment dependecies, deployment strategies, release cycle, test data dependencies etc.
- Test code developed for automation and non functional should have zero defect.
Perform In Sprint automation.
Perform Automation Script Maintenance.
- Write effective and reusable tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored.
- Adherence to customer/scrum team defined tools/process such as coding standards, SCM & CI standards.
Ability to write program/ understand code snippet/technicalities.
Coding Practices & Defect Management:
- Focus on reusing existing framework to develop automation & non functional test scripts and usage of cognizant solution accelerators to achieve >98% code coverage/Scrum defined.
- Script maturity – Develop automation scripts as necessary.
- Release/Sprint level activity demonstration with the customer.
- Completeness of deliverables based on the task commitments.
- Ability to understand the software development process in Agile & Devops model.
Participate in architecture and design reviews of complex solutions iwith project team.
Work with the development team to help define and maintain quality standards.
Test Execution (Automation/Specialized testing):
- Track defect metrics to ensure testing effectiveness as generated by tool.
- Track defects (defect log as generated from the QC tool) to closure.
- Retest the defect and update the status.
- Involve in design review meetings, participate in joint application development (JAD) session discussions with developers.
Technology consulting Research & analysis:
- Conduct smoke testing to ensure system readiness for testing.
- Execute automation test scripts/manual test cases post the same.
- Record and maintain testing evidences and track execution status of assigned test cases.
- Identify defects and log failures.
- Conduct acceptance testing, if required.
- Provide deployment and post production support if required.
- Identify the test suite for execution, if required.
- Test Execution/ Reporting Strategize & prioritize tests in fast paced agile development.
- Execute automated test scripts using technology concepts.
- Leverage test automation framework using the identified test automation tool.
- Incorporate the automated tests into continuous integration process.
- Possess beginner level knowledge on Continous integration, Continous deployment , Continous delivery & basic knowledge on CI/ CD tools.
- Building reusable script library files.
- Participate in framework assessment and tool evaluation.
- Leverage cognizant analytics and continuous testing tool to Identify defects early in the lifecycle.
Knowledge & Innovation Management:
- Identify training needs & continously improve skills.
- Maintain coordial relation with peers, developers & other stakeholders in the project.
Project , Configuration & release Management:
- Create/Update Knowledge Repository /artefacts based on project/customer needs inclusive of business/ application levels requirements details in WIKI.
- Participate in knowledge transition calls to understand the system/application/requirements.
- Conduct reverse KT with the client / onsite or share the document detailing out the requirement or application/domain knowledge to ensure understanding on the same.
- Organize KT sessions for new team members.
- Focus on creating innovative tools/solutions as required by the project demands.
- Possess fundamental of software configuration management including version control techniques and the establishment of baselines.
- Possess handson working knowledge of atleast 1 software configuration management tool.
- Understand the project development life cycle, ability to break down the tasks into small work breakdown structures, timely reporting of status & uploading of quality deliverables on time.
Must Have Skills
Good To Have Skills
Employee Status :
Full Time Employee
Job Posting :
Dec 28 2020
CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.