JP Morgan Introduction:
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
- We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
- We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
- We operate in more than 100 markets.
- We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
Private Bank Description
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, ultra-high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to Ultra High Net worth (UHNW) individuals and families around the world. We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the commercial and investment banking capabilities of the firm.
Job Responsibilities & Activities
J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities, and products to ultra-high and high net worth individuals and families in 36 countries around the world. We enjoy relationships with 40% of the individuals on the Forbes Billionaire list making us one of the largest Private Banks worldwide in terms of client assets.
We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the capabilities of the firm. Private Banking is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, liquidity and credit management, and tax and estate planning. Our business model focuses on deep client relationships, an integrated team structure and a platform of depth and breadth.
You will work as part of a team of expert client advisors (bankers, global investment specialists, wealth advisors and capital advisors). Candidates must demonstrate an interest and knowledge in financial markets, as well as possess excellent analytical, organizational, attention-to-detail, communication, leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills. Initiative, enthusiasm and confidence to complete projects are also a must. Specific responsibilities include:
- Supervise daily operations with responsibility for the performance of the team on an individual and overall basis
- Implement and monitor strategic plans, and develop goals and strategies that address priority issues related to functional excellence, people, innovation and efficiency
- Stakeholder management – effective communication and regular status reporting to key business stakeholders
- Perform ongoing oversight and provide leadership and subject matter expertise to ensure the execution of a risk based oversight model for the client advisor functions
- Manage capacity and assignment of activities across the team
- Lead “change control” as requirements and priorities shift through planning and execution
- Lead, influence, and motivate cross-functional teams at varying leadership levels to drive execution and delivery
- Provide basic client information management
- Validate source of wealth of clients
- Periodic updating of client information
- Daily account administration
- Prepare presentations and meeting materials
- Assisting in account openings and account reviews
- Coordinating with global investment specialists, wealth advisors and capital advisors on client needs, meeting agendas, and managing client follow up
- Research client inquiries and manage follow up communication and materials
Personal Attributes & Requirements
We seek candidates with a unique blend of leadership, interpersonal and analytical skills. In addition to functional responsibilities, the Client Advisor Associate is expected to act as a key engagement point with location teams and lead a highly motivated team for both qualitative and quantitative resources to understand complex financial situations and present solutions. Specific qualifications include:
- University degree holder (including MBA / CFA) and / or with 5+ years of professional experience in a similar capacity
- Has led teams in offshore environment with proven track record
- Excellent stakeholder engagements skills
- Fluency in English required
- PowerPoint and Excel expertise required
- Strong understanding of the needs and sensitivities of client management
- Absolute discretion when dealing with confidential matters
- Able to work under minimal supervision; adaptable to work in demanding environment
- Detail-oriented and results-focused
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Exceptional follow-up and follow-through skills