The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Consultant Specialist
You will join our small, dedicated team responsible for Infrastructure Automation. The Automation Engineer is responsible for providing global technical leadership in the design, engineering, Automation of the Infrastructure Our purpose and vision is to engineer, define and govern efficient and innovative solutions, through collaboration and driving standardisation of technology platforms and solutions.
Minimum 6+ years as a Windows /Linux Automation Developer
Strong Experience in PowerShell and Python scripting and building automation using them
Develop automation code to deploy and maintain systems and applications using System Center Orchestrator, Puppet and Ansible
Basic Understanding of Build and Deployment of CI/CD pipelines, managing projects often includes tracking multiple deployments across multiple pipeline stages (Dev, Test/QA staging and production)
Administration of Puppet-based configuration management system for all new Windows and Linux machines
Setup puppet client and troubleshoot the puppet module issue on Dev, QA, production environment.
Development of Puppet modules with Jenkins for continues integration and continues deployment of managed products, and related services
Participating in configuring and monitoring distributed Automation Setup
Good to have:
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to describe complex technical scenarios in a concise manner, both verbally and written, and articulating the content depending on the audience
- Strong Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Good Facilitation and documentation skills.
- Strong Interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to work independently, self-organise, take responsibility and be a self-learner.
- Should have windows and Linux infrastructure knowledge
- Knowledge of automation and application/product integration.
- Have knowledge of DevOps tools, orchestration and configuration management Puppet, Ansible and Microsoft Orchestration tools
- Basic Understanding of Postman to use API.
- Knowledge of GitHub and Jenkins
- Experience using JSON based REST APIs, API testing and API Documentation.
- Ability to work within international environment, and across cultures, work under time and stress pressure.
- Ability to continuously provide high quality of service. Ensure strict adherence to Group Compliance Policies.
- Pro-activeness, punctuality, confident and delivery focused, team player and adaptable to change.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD ***
- The information contained in this job description is a true and accurate reflection of the job as specified.