J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The role of an Equity Research Analyst in the Equity Research Department at JP Morgan Asset Management is to support Senior Research Analysts in order to leverage and enhance their ability to generate positive investment performance. The analyst will be expected to do a wide range of research projects, from information gathering to financial statement analysis. The Research Analyst will assist the Senior Research Analysts in the preparation of company review materials, industry presentations and valuation metrics. To be successful, the Research Analyst will need to demonstrate their ability to add value to the investment process.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Gathering and analyzing data from a variety of sources, including company reports, the internet, online databases like Bloomberg, FactSet, etc. and JPMorgan proprietary content
2. Building, maintaining and analyzing financial models of companies and industries without errors in a timely manner; generating regular and one-off reports, graphs and datasets from these model
3. Understand relationship between Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flows. The JA should be able to build a model independently and be able to explain key trends and assumptions
4. Writing content (earnings, text, tables and charts) for company and industry reports and preparing presentations to be used internally. Be able to write up summary of presentation
5. Maintaining regular contact with colleagues in the global sectors, taking part in conference calls and responding to project requests
6. Assume end-to-end responsibility for projects and presentations
7. The candidate is expected to initiate coverage on companies wherever possible to enhance the investment landscape for our Portfolio Managers
Essential skills / Qualification:
Ideal candidates for these positions would be Post-Graduates from top Institutes in India. Candidates pursuing CFA would be preferred
Atleast 2 years of relevant industry experience and knowledge of Equity markets
Strong quantitative skills
Analytical aptitude and ability to learn financial concepts
Data mining of analytical methods
Strong Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Good communication and team skills in a multi-location set up
Close attention to detail and ability to work to very high standards
A strong motivation to learn and manage projects independently
Passion for and interest in corporate analysis
Understanding of Asset Management business and more specifically Investment Management business is preferable