- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree.
- At least 15 years in Business Development, Sales and/or Product Management in B2B customer-facing roles in India.
- Proven experience conceptualizing, driving and closing large strategic deals through partnerships and sales in India.
- Demonstrated ability to structure, negotiate, and close complex deals with leading technology and consumer companies, government and/or educational institutions in India.
- Demonstrated technical fluency; comfort identifying key technical issues, understanding their business development implications, and discussing alternative technical solutions.
- Leadership experience leading small and large teams with cross-functional stakeholder management.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with C-suite executives on behalf of the organization.
- Ability to handle ambiguity effectively and operate independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with C-Level Executives including written, presentation and verbal communications
Amazon Devices is the team behind Echo, Fire TV and Kindle. It is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. We are looking for a driven, results-oriented Head of Business Development to lead business development strategy, planning and execution for all our devices. This role is based in Bangalore, India.
A successful candidate will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically: from the creation of plans, to the brass tacks of execution. He or she will be will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail. They will have to be able to assess and prioritize strategic opportunities, establish a roadmap, execute an ongoing set of initiatives, analyze the impact of each program, and continually optimize results. He or she will lead both business development and B2B sales. The ideal candidate will exhibit a strategic mindset focusing on long-term benefits for Amazon and our partners, strong analytical as well as interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative climate.
The right person will:
- Create a long-term strategy for business development and sales in B2B through partnerships and alliances for Devices in India.
- Identify, build and scale new partnerships for Amazon Devices in India. Negotiate long-term deal terms and create simplified solutions for integration with partner’s products and services while managing ongoing performance.
- Own annual unit, revenue and customer growth objectives for BD and B2B sales and implement the plans working closely with all dependent teams.
- Lead the teams responsible for BD and B2B sales with the ability to be hands-on as needed and guide team to implement strategy and achieve operating goals.
- Evaluate the economic, strategic costs and benefits of partnerships and execute plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, legal, marketing).
- Create impact and influence with internal and external stakeholders including executive leadership, cross-functional leaders and partner executives.
- Provide input to Product Management teams on creating optimal product features and purchase experience for customers.
- As part of the senior leadership team, he/she will provide strategic input and direction to short and long-term business strategy.
- Strong familiarity with the mobile and digital content domains.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making, and comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams and stakeholders to deliver results.
- Broad functional experience in technology and/or various vertical industries.