IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
IDP has completed the first phase of its digital transformation which has directly contributed to the massive acceleration in the world’s leading Edu-Tech business helping students fulfil their lifelong learning opportunities at the world’s top universities.
Our transformation journey is far from complete and we have an exciting range of projects utilizing our latest generation SAP SaaS suite of CRM tools, SAFE agile, AWS integration and microservices landscape and our in-house development experts. IDP run C4C, Hybris Commerce and Hybris Marketing and have an exciting agenda to extend our innovation across the suite – and beyond. IDP also utilize Successfactors, ServiceNow and a range of other best-of-breed solutions.
We need a senior SAP SDK Developer to join our team and help drive further innovation into our technology platform. We have a passionate team of SAP experts, senior leadership backing and an exciting agenda of change and enhancement.
You’ll be someone who gets a kick out of being a critical member of a high performing team, creating clean code that accelerates IDPs agenda to support students in their life-long study journey. We do great stuff here at IDP.
We’ll be relying on you to…
Be a hands-on senior member of the C4C team
- Your seniority will mean that you guide other members of the team, get involved in the most complex areas, and deliver clean robust code that is an example to other members of the team. You’ll be experienced, know what good looks like, and can take a strong/nurturing role in continuously developing the team around you.
- In addition to actively driving forward the outputs of our planning process through sprints, you’ll play an active role in identifying opportunities to reduce technical debt and accelerate innovation.
- You’ll be confident in what constitutes good technical design and implementation and you will enforce this, gently, across the team.
Bring a culture of Design and Quality
- As IDP moves from the rush of the first phase of its Digital Transformation, and coming out of the initial stabilization work, there is an increased focus on innovation and quality. We need your expertise in leading design sessions, deep experience in ensuring quality of delivery, and passionate leadership.
- You’ll work with our Enterprise, Solution and Technical architects to give expert input into the SAP software design process to deliver on innovation challenges.
Deliver High Quality Code
- The work we do is important. We help students at a critical phase of their life journey. We do it exceptionally, and yet we’ve got 1000s of ideas on how to do even better. You’ll bring your ability to make the complex seem elegant, drive enhancements rapidly, and at a level of quality that will uplift the entire team.
- You’ll play a key role in releasing developments through to production. You’ll utilize your understanding of SAP release management and bring your knowledge of best practice.
- As with most integrated environments, much of our innovation involves improving and extending integration between our various systems. You’ll have great experience in how to design and implement high quality integrations.
Security and Privacy
- We don’t triage security – it is always job zero. No code ever moves into production with a known vulnerability. We are entrusted with the personal information of our students, and we take this extremely seriously. With every other member of the team, you’ll be an expert voice in ensuring that Security and Privacy are a fundamental part of every design and deliverable.
- In addition to the low maintenance code you and your team deliver, you will actively work with the Service Desk team to continuously improve the stability and supportability of our landscape; you’ll drive automation, monitoring and innovation into the production landscape and actively work to upskill Level 1 and 2 Service Agents to increase the First call resolution rates.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Degree qualified with at least 5 years in experience SAP Development
- Strong experience (min 2 years) with one of SAP’s CRM offerings C4C, C4S, CRM, C4/HANA etc… You’ll be confident in talking through the data structures of the platform and your experience and observations of various data architecture decisions.
- You will have completed the SAP C4C30 course, and have utilized your learning for at least two years. You’ll be able to articulate what “good code” looks like and give examples of how you’ve driven improvement in development practices. This is key for us.
- Strong negotiations and explanation skills to work with other technical leaders, and business owners to build consensus and ensure your knowledge of what is right is incorporated into the design and solution.
- Able to clearly articulate approaches to Security and Privacy that are relevant to the role. Clear understanding of the role of Authentication, Certificates, Encryption and other security concepts relevant to SAP Development and Integration.
- People Leadership experience – as an SAP Lead Developer.
- Strong knowledge of integration protocols relevant to SAP SaaS offerings: OData API, Webhooks, XML, XSD etc. You’ll be able to articulate how integrations should be delivered, and what to avoid. You’ll know the pre-packaged integration flows available for SAP C4C.
- Strong knowledge on RDBMS and how to write efficient SQL.
- Exceptional communications skills – both written and verbal. You’ll be relied on by leadership and other technical specialists for advice and direction – you must be able to communicate clearly and accurately.
- A sense of urgency and fundamental commitment to quality.
- Experience in an Agile methodology – IDP use SAFE Agile
- Certification in SAP C4C technical course C4C30 and C4C50 would be added advantage
- Experience in the technical management of upgrades
- Project Management, Agile certifications
- Experience in SCPI , Datahub and other integration tools.
- ITIL experience
- Interest in learning how to extend the value of SAP with AWS Microservices
- Passionate views on how to maximise the value of SAP CRM solutions
- Experience in SAP Hybris platforms
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.